PDA

View Full Version : Won't start can't get spark

sangheraent
02-14-2010, 07:34 PM
well I bought a 250x a little while ago and I cant get this thing to show spark or run. I bought all the components coil cdi harness on off switch. I sanded down the ground and cleaned it I cleaned all the the connections but still nothing.
I swaped every item besides the stator I swaped the coil cdi voltage regulator and tried 100 diffrent combonations and still nothing. Anyone got any ideas? the stator was replaced by the previous owner but I didnt open up the cover to check anything.

I wanted to take this thing to the dunes on wednesday but I dont know if thats gonna happen any ideas at all would really help

honda300EXtreme
02-15-2010, 02:03 PM
have you tried using a different spark plug. sometimes you can get a "bad" one

sangheraent
02-15-2010, 02:46 PM
iv tried 3 diffrent plugs 1 was in there when I got it and 2 brand new ones.

sangheraent
02-15-2010, 04:41 PM
I just put a couple hours into it and still nothing I went through the manual and tested the on off switchs. I by passed the run off switch and just connected the wires and I got nothing.

I tested every item and including the stator and I got nothing could it be the timing thats messing with me? I tested the stator and its outputing correctly.
im stumped I have no idea the only thing I can think of is the timing I cleaned up the ground super good checked every aspect of the wiring and im getting nothing.

honda300EXtreme
02-15-2010, 04:48 PM
it wouldnt be timing, because even if it was off it would still fire. it would just fire at the wrong time.

so you are getting power at the stator correct? are there any blown fuses? if not id start checking every connection with a volt meter and see where that takes you. just check the simple things again. make sure the boot is secure on the end of the coil wire as well..

honda250xrider
02-15-2010, 05:15 PM
i've had more problems with the stators than anything on my old 250x i went through 3 of them in about 3 years. I would check the stator and they would check out fine but when replaced i would have spark. I never understood it but it happened to me more than once.

sangheraent
02-15-2010, 11:30 PM
well I checked all the on off wires as well as the wires at the cdi and the coil. pretty much checked everything I should have mentioned that I had a wiring harness that was some what choped up then I replaced it with an uncut one and still got nothing. Im going to try to open up the stator and check the fly wheel, the gap and make sure its grounded correctly if that fails I give up and there might be a part out.

Inspector
02-20-2010, 12:31 PM
I have a 91' 250X that I now can't start. I can pull it with off and it will start. Try to pull yours and see if will go.
Mine doesn't run too well either. But it will keep running.
After I cut it off I can't kick start it back. Still have to pull it. I am really puzzled.