PDA

View Full Version : Atv Mx on TV???

XBLASTERRACERX
02-14-2010, 05:54 PM
I remember a couple weaks ago someone posted a thread on here about the ATV MX Nationals possibly getting TV coverage this year. He also said that more info would be released at the Indy show. So I was not sure if anyone had anymore information or status on this??? Thanks

KFX450Rrider490
02-14-2010, 06:17 PM
i hope but who knows wspa used to be on but then it went under

NeverLiftRacing
02-14-2010, 09:34 PM
I was actually about to make and identical topic about this also. I hope it takes off this year and will be aired on tv. Our sport really needs it!

TNT
02-14-2010, 09:47 PM
A 50/50 TV Shot

For AMA-ATV MX

It's in the works, behind the scenes, confidential and all that. It's not a certainty, but, at this time, there's a 50/50 chance that TV coverage will return to the AMA ATV Motocross Championship Series in 2010.

The ATVRE Media Group has learned from sources that a coalition of interested parties are in the process of putting together a TV package which will broadcast six rounds of this year's national motocross season. These shows are slated to air on regional cable sports networks.

Two major OEMs have expressed a vested interest in being a part of the sponsorship package and the national promoter's group has given the venture their blessings.

Production ideas are being explored which will present each episode in "Real Time" over the course of a weekend ATV national motocross event, much like the format of the hit FOX show "24". Cameras would follow select Pro, Amateur and Youth racers, their race teams, and the races, depicting the drama of ATV racing and the interrelation between these parties both on and off the track.

With programs running thirty minutes in length, they are projected to be very fast paced, exciting and reality based episodes which will showcase ATV motocross racing in a manner which has never been done before.

Our sources tell us that they hope to have the details worked out and all the platforms and participants in line by the time the Indy Show rolls around in Mid-February of this year.

As things move forward, the ATVRE Media Group will keep you posted on how this exciting aspect of the 2010 season unfolds.

By David Screws

Publisher / ATVRE Media Group

KingpinsEx
02-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Why only 6 rounds? :confused:

kfx400rider03
02-15-2010, 09:11 PM
i was wondering the same thing.

and today i saw snowmobiles racing on water on tv. when was that cosidered a sport? dont get me wrong i thought it was cool. but they can have that on tv and not a quad race:confused: kinda made me mad

KingpinsEx
02-16-2010, 07:14 AM
I feel if they have a series televised of the AMA Atv Nationals it will succede. With all the sponsers and riders at one event supporting it. Spliting the class like they did with the wpsa tour just hurt everyone in my mind.