PDA

View Full Version : NewEngland x-counry racing??

VToutlaw
02-14-2010, 12:31 PM
I plan on participating in the NECC racing series this season, its my first time racing x-country. Anyone else race this series? Any advice?

jpfmotors
02-19-2010, 05:05 AM
I have raced this series the last 2 years awsome people and really good tracks its very well oragized if you have any question just ask. I can help you with as much as possible
Do you have any specific questions?

VToutlaw
02-19-2010, 05:45 AM
hey thanks for the reply! yes I do have a few ?'s. The website must be getting worked on now so there isnt really any info. Do I chose my # when i register at the 1st race? does it need to be displayed on the machine or myself? Is there any reguired modifications to the atv other than a tether? thanks for the help!

jpfmotors
02-19-2010, 06:29 AM
As you can see there website is not that good,allot of the info can be foung at thequadbuilder.net in the forums there. as far as numbers you can reserve a number if you just email steve. His contact info is on the necc website just give him your name address, class you want to race and the number you want to run. You dont have to have numbers on your quad but alot of people do (cool factor) they score with bar codes that you get at the first race and you keep it on your helmet for the year. Hope this helps any other ? just ask

jpfmotors
02-19-2010, 06:33 AM
oh as for mods the absolutes are tether required next would be good skids under belly and rear then good tires and what every suspeion you are running should be adjusted properly would definitly get a camel pack its a long race and you dont want to get dehydrated. Is this your first race? if it is you should set a goal just to finish you will feel so good to do that and you would place in mid pack if you do.

VToutlaw
02-19-2010, 06:57 AM
ok thanks again! i will check out theguadbuilder.net. yes this is my first x-country race, i have raced moto x bikes a few times at a local track before.

xc44
02-21-2010, 03:36 PM
u may want to get 22"-23" 6 ply tires also
necc is a great series to start in, everyone is willing to help

sammy5x
02-23-2010, 03:56 PM
BRRRAAAP!