PDA

View Full Version : prolly one of the dumbest questions i've been ask...

woodsracer144
02-13-2010, 05:46 PM
ok so my one buddy from school has a yamaha SX500 and he went to rebuild it and the skirt on the cylinder was cracked and he asked me if a feller could grind it out and weld it in and still run it, i told him prolly not cause the metal would expand at different rates, would you have to agree or disagree with me?

markk
02-13-2010, 07:33 PM
i probley wouldnt talk to that guy anymore- hes only gona drag you down with him. Id tell him to put it back in cracked and save a few bucks that it would cost to weld it. cuz either way is the wronge way. Tell him i siad Just buy a new one. and stop bein a cheap ***. hes gona be cheap and end up shelling more the just one piston.

but hey thats just my two cents

86 Quad R
02-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by markk
i probley wouldnt talk to that guy anymore- hes only gona drag you down with him. Id tell him to put it back in cracked and save a few bucks that it would cost to weld it. cuz either way is the wronge way. Tell him i siad Just buy a new one. and stop bein a cheap ***. hes gona be cheap and end up shelling more the just one piston.

but hey thats just my two cents

tell us how you really feel.....lol but seriously tho. i'd have it resleeved

woodsracer144
02-13-2010, 08:05 PM
thats what i was thinking, re sleeve it or get a new one from some one else... i swear some people are just stupid!

markk
02-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
thats what i was thinking, re sleeve it or get a new one from some one else... i swear some people are just stupid!

im not sayin that your question was dumb by any means.

but as for the other guy a dumb question should get a dumb awnser.

woodsracer144
02-13-2010, 09:30 PM
yeah this kid also thought there was such thing as a wood welder! HAHA! i was on the floor crying! HAHA! it still get me...

86 Quad R
02-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
yeah this kid also thought there was such thing as a wood welder! HAHA! i was on the floor crying! HAHA! it still get me...

there is such a thing.... its called elmers wood glue. http://forums.everything2stroke.com/images/smilies/Laugh6.gif

slamdak8782
02-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Might be a good test for some jb weld. Whos knows it might work.

woodsracer144
02-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
there is such a thing.... its called elmers wood glue. http://forums.everything2stroke.com/images/smilies/Laugh6.gif

does glue use and electrical arc to melt and bond teh 2 together? no,

thats what we told him...

he asked our shop teacher about it.. it was the funniest then ever

jp weld might doo the job...

LT80
02-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Related to this kid???
I was at a race and modifying a variator and this kid comes in and asks what that thing is and how it works.
I replied: this is a mind operated dremmel tool.
REALLY!! Can I try it?
No, it's too hard. you have to concentrate very hard.
After him asking and asking, I let him try. He looked and looked at the handpiece and it wouldn't turn. I told him to concentrate harder. So he got a mean look on his face as he concentrate HARD. Bout then I tap the foot piece and make it turn very slow.
He jumps up and down..I DID IT, I DID IT!!! He then runs out to get some buddy's to come watch...It was quite a show.

woodsracer144
02-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by LT80
Related to this kid???
I was at a race and modifying a variator and this kid comes in and asks what that thing is and how it works.
I replied: this is a mind operated dremmel tool.
REALLY!! Can I try it?
No, it's too hard. you have to concentrate very hard.
After him asking and asking, I let him try. He looked and looked at the handpiece and it wouldn't turn. I told him to concentrate harder. So he got a mean look on his face as he concentrate HARD. Bout then I tap the foot piece and make it turn very slow.
He jumps up and down..I DID IT, I DID IT!!! He then runs out to get some buddy's to come watch...It was quite a show.

haha! that made my day!

markk
02-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by slamdak8782
Might be a good test for some jb weld. Whos knows it might work.

i have heard of an old guy i know used jb weld to put a seat back in the head.

woodsracer144
02-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by markk
i have heard of an old guy i know used jb weld to put a seat back in the head.

are you for real or joking around? i've used JB wled to hold a crack on the inside of my cases before, it was on a LT 250r, crank snapped and make a hole to the crank oil...