PDA

View Full Version : White Brothers E-series "Dent" ??

Newbie400ex
01-23-2003, 06:49 PM
I just got a White Brothers E-series S-bend slip-on today and I was kinda surprised to find that there was a big dent in the back of it. I called them to find out what the deal was and they told me that it was supposed to be there so it would clear the brake caliper when the suspension was maxxed out. This is all fine except for the fact the dent looks like somebody took a hammer and knocked the crap out of it. Another thing is I lined the brake caliper up with the silencer and there seemed to be plenty of room to spare. Maybe 1 1/2 inches or so to the right so that even if the suspension bottomed out it would never hit it anyway. I just seems to me that it's a very crappy way to do something that may or may not even need to be done. Every body I showed it to at the dealer thought it had been dropped or hit with something. Does everybody else with the E-series on a 400ex have the same dent?

Newbie400ex
01-23-2003, 06:51 PM
Here's a picture.

400exBro
01-23-2003, 06:54 PM
ya it sure is normal, i have it, everyone else i know has it... it helps it clear the caliper like you siad

01-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Nice to know their design team overlooked that...wonder what else was overlooked. :confused:

01-23-2003, 07:33 PM
the pipe does hit the caliper...my friend went racing one day and he bottomed out all the way.....there was no dent in his muffler...then after he bottomed out there was a ugly dent in it..scratches and the caliper had a scrape in it also

NoWingNoPrayer
01-23-2003, 07:33 PM
Yes that dent is supposed to be there! its funny though that the dealer didnt realize this if i were them i would be ashamed.

jb400exxx
01-23-2003, 08:28 PM
i don't like white brothers, that really sucks that they do it like that. if i oredered that pipe and it looked like that i wouldn't want it. i'd take it back and get a T-4, HMF or something else. it seems like white brothers isn't high quality stuff.

OutlawEX
01-23-2003, 08:47 PM
ya its normal...