PDA

View Full Version : new motor

pitcrew
02-13-2010, 10:45 AM
hey gotta question.....i just got my motor finished up last weekend. there is a indoor race next weekend and i wanna race but......i havent had it 100% tuned. i downloaded a map off the power commander website that is pretty close i have rode the bike a couple of times and the end of the pipe wasnt white like it was too lean need some input on this??? do u think it will hurt the motor or will it be fine

tmatthews4
02-13-2010, 12:23 PM
im not experienced enough to say for sure but i would think your ok as long as its not on the lean side,i am doing about the same mods as you if thats the mods you have listed at the bottom of the page,we are not finished yet but how much did it help yours over stock if thats what you had

honda250xman
02-13-2010, 01:34 PM
i wouldn't run it lean at all, thats askin for trouble

pitcrew
02-13-2010, 05:45 PM
ya its not on the lean side for sure just not all the way tuned 100%. and yes thats the mods i have done. i always had a dasa pipe and cherry bomb. but with these mods it rips pretty good. enough for me lol. im sure by the end of the race season i will ready for some more mods.

tmatthews4
02-13-2010, 08:18 PM
sounds good,noticed you had a sway bar,do you race flat track,if so im just getting into it and got alot to learn about setup,not getting a very good hole shot but hoping our new motor will help with that dont get the best traction either,good luck with the new motor

mamafite
02-14-2010, 10:08 AM
If you downloaded the map that is pretty close to your mods you will not have any problems, the map just has to be close.