PDA

View Full Version : Artic Cat 650 Prowler - Front Differential Leak

BMattingly
02-13-2010, 07:17 AM
I have a Artic Cat 650 Prowler - leaking oil at the front differential driver's side. Dealer says I have to replace the entire axle & seal. Anyone ever done this before? Hints? Anyone have a source to get the parts cheaper than going through Bass Pro?

billl2099
05-28-2010, 10:41 AM
yes i've done it,same seal. the dealer wrong you don't need to replace the axle only the seal, this takes appox 30 minutes or less. once you remove the hub from the axle, put a couple of towels around the differential area so that you won't damage the axle spine when you pull it out of the differential, their's a c clip at the end of the axle to keep the axle from falling out, so just grab ahold of the axle with both hands and just give it a good jerk, the axle should just come out, remove old seal wipe area clean, use a little lube install new seal, make sure their's no burr on the axle spine, put a little lube on the spline and reinstall, the axle will just pop right back into the differential. from a job rating from 1-10 this is rated 3. very easy