PDA

View Full Version : Another cvt mini tire question. Front to rear sizing.

hasbeenttduner
02-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I know a lot of the CVT minis I have seen in the past run the 19x6x10 in the front with snow hogs etc etc on the rear. Now that we are seeing more of the ITP Quadcross 18x8x8, MAXXIS Razr Cross 18x6.5x8, and MAXXIS M940 18x9x8, being used are you guys still running the 19x6x10 or running 20x6x10 on front? I have read here in the forums that the preferd rear rim width for the M940 is 7" but what rim width is the best for the other 2?
I have a 01 scrambler 90 with +2 +1 arms up front. What offset is safe to run up front? If I had +3 arms I probably would just get the 3x2 and be happy but with the +2 are 4x1 ok? Would 3x2 with a spacer be better? Again I am leaning on you guys that have been there and done that.
Thanks

LT80
02-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Whew...:D
I'll give you my opinion on things and you can figure out if there is a answer in it...LOL

I like stock width tires. Wider tires just seem to wear things out faster.
If your not using aftermarket shocks ($$$) then I think a softer sidewall is a good thing.
If you have wider a-arms, then I like a stock offset wheel. It keeps the weight on the bearings where they were designed for. Not that offsets wear bearings out in extreme tho.
I like the size of the razor-x 18x6.5x8 rear.
20 or 19 front.. Only 1/2 inch difference in ride height. I'd get the cheapest...or maybe the 18's all the way around. I think it's all good. If your racing or something, you may want to get technical.:)

Oh yea... Stop filling up my message box...:p :p
I donno, I deleted a vast amount and the next morning I get "full" message. I went back and deleted more.. We'll see.. LMAO:devil:

hasbeenttduner
02-22-2010, 04:26 PM
LT
If you delete one and then pm someone telling them that you made room in your mailbox...................

I put some 18x6.5x8 razr cross on the back and they are only a hair taller then these stock 18x7x7 pathfinders on the front. With the +2+1 arms up front this thing is a whole new animal and I am no longer freaking out just watching him ride around. The death trap is now a kids quad.
I now have a little time before I have to put on a little taller front on his 5.5 wide 8" stock rear wheels. Now to get rid of that stock no auto choke working carb.
Thanks LT :p

#404's Dad
02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
18's in the Front and 10's in the Rear http://www.exriders.com/vbb/images/smilies/evil.gif

mushinracing
02-22-2010, 08:59 PM
stick with the 19 if its for mx and the 2-3 pitch rims
jb racing is developing a wider a-arm to take the 4-1 rims which handle ten times better. all of these things need to be factored in to ride hieght and rake and track conditions and applcation
this is just my oppion i am not a mec but race all over the world

hasbeenttduner
02-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the info.
This thing,a 01 scrambler 90, was setup bad from the factory with 1 1/2 taller rears on it. Whoever made that call probably never put thier child on one. It is going in the right direction and now that he is riding it instead of the other way around the chassis setup is taking a pause as I get a few other things. The stock auto choke is not working, I have a way around it with the thumb over the intake tube, so I am getting a few things in that department right now. 19 fronts will be on it a little later.