PDA

View Full Version : New Product From DC Motorsports And X~Stream Composites

mxdad423
02-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Like always Dave from DC Motorspotrs and Brad from x~stream composites have been working on some new products for the 2010 season, and I have to say I believe they have out done themselves this time.
I got the info on this product and really thought that it will turn out to be a big hit, so I thought I would share it with all of you.
OK, here it is. A complete fully adjustable Upper A-arm that only weigh's a little over a pound and has as much or more strength as a conventional A-arm. These were tested on a 450 racing MX for a year with no problems so they are proven. These were built by DC and X~stream so you know the quality and craftmanship is there. I know that Brandon will be running a set of these this year, we have run the carbon fiber tie rods for 3 years now and never had any issues.
These A-arms will first be available for the DRR and Apex in March 2010, then will be available for all the big quads to follow.
Great job Dave and Brad, keep the new products coming.

Kevin Smitley

dcarter
02-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Hey Kevin, just to let everyone know they have been tested on an apex in texas since last year. cole shack will be here on the 25th and he will be doing the final test on this set up. If he can't break it no one can. Have fun dave

Ride1Rob
02-12-2010, 08:30 AM
That's a nice looking setup! What do they run?

02-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Yes infact the are really nice, I was talking to Rich and checking out his quad at the Polini booth. That quad is plum sick. Very nice.

dcarter
02-12-2010, 11:48 PM
the really cool thing about these a-arms is they will be for sale by themselves to. If you have a drr or apex and you alreay have aftermarket shocks and do not want to buy the whole set up, you can buy just the uppers. This will give you the ability to set up the caster and camber on your quad the way it should be on top of saving weight. We all know that the mini's are heavy in the front and this will help. We also have the new material in from brad for the steems so we will be working with that in the next few weeks. The steem on the bike at the show only weights a pound. that is a big savings off of stock. I am not stoping there we have more new stuff coming out in the next few weeks!!!!!
Iam working with rich on a new head for the mini's to increase the cooling and have changeable domes to be able to change compression on the bikes!!!
All i can say is I'M BACK!!!!! Dave

DAVYS DAD
02-13-2010, 07:44 AM
D.C.,youre the bomb.Dont ever stop,I remeber the RED BUD nationals you were a VERY busy man but you still found time to weld my sons broken frame Thanks again.

later
Dave Woodbury

Ride1Rob
02-13-2010, 08:23 AM
No answer on the $$$ question :ermm: .

edwardsp&b
02-13-2010, 08:32 AM
I've been hearing through the grapevine yall were making these! Very sick! I bet that will be hard for the copycats to duplicate! Lol! Nice work, keep it coming!! Bryan

mudatv
02-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
No answer on the $$$ question :ermm: .

I've been told that just for the uppers the cost will be above $400.00.
Cool looking for sure. I'm not real sure the cost outweighs the gain though.

mxdad423
02-13-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm not sure on the cost yet, I will get with Dave today and see if he has put a tag on them yet. As soon as I find out i will let you all know.

Thanks,
Kevin Smitley

mxdad423
02-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Ok first thing, I just spoke to Dave and the upper A-arm set will cost 395.00, if you think about it that works out to be half of what a complete set of A-arms cost, so a full set of A-arms are right at 800.00 this way you are just buying the uppers for just under 400.00, again half of a complete set.
Next thing is another new product, this is the new designed Carbon Fiber tie rods, the one's in the pic are for the Honda, these will soon be available for the Yamaha and Suzuki also and the mini's. These have been being tested for the last several weeks and have passed all test's with flying colors, they will be being tested 1 more time and then be availabel. I'm not sure on the price on these yet but will let you know as soon as I find out.
Stayed tuned for more AWSOME products soon to come, I don't know what they are yet but I know Dave and Brad are working on alot of differant things.

Kevin Smitley

dazed&confused
02-13-2010, 03:09 PM
imho,i do not see the cost to benefit here,i bought SMS suspension for there $650 and i believe it is as good as anything out there if not the best ,after watching that video on here in another thread i just don't see anything out there better yet.

qcitytile
02-13-2010, 03:25 PM
we have been running dc stuff for two years and I would not change that for anything. Not that ive tried them all but Dave's stuff is top of the line and Im sure others are great also. I do know theres nothing out thats as sick looking as them top arms!! wow he did it this time and with the weight savings even better. Dave keep it coming

mxdad423
02-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Yea same with us, we have been running Dave's stuff since "05" and wouldn't change, After switching over to the Long Travel stuff I have been told by alot of differant people that we have the best handling machine they have ever seen, IDK but it does handle great and Dave has always done a WONDERFULL job with my son. He's always there when we are in need of help, wich is alot, LOL. I'm sure there are other good one's out there but for us the DC stuff matched with the Fox shocks has been the ticket. And as Dave said earlier, we all know that the front ends on the mini's are heavy, every little bit you can get off of the front will help. But everybody has their favorites so guess it all depends on who you are, I just wanted to get this stuff out there so everybody knows whats available. I know as long as we are on the mini we will be running DC and Fox, NO EXCEPTIONS........

Kevin Smitley

mxdad423
02-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Oh yea, I also watched that video, and not saying anything bad about anybody else's stuff because it did look like it handled really good but our's handle's as good if not better, please don't take that the wrong way, I'm not knocking anybody else's stuff or saying my stuff is better just giving my honest opinion. I'm just glad that there is so much out there for these kids now, back when we first started there wasn't much out there for these mini's and now, WOW it's amazing, we got these mini's running and handleing like the big guys. And it's all thanks to people like Dave, Billy, Brad, Rich, Justin, ect, ect. that spend so much time building and researching this stuff. I am thankfull for all of them.

Kevin Smitley

dcarter
02-15-2010, 01:59 AM
okay guys here is the scoop. These arms were designed for the people who have stock a-arms on there drr and apex. most people already have shocks and can not afford to buy a complete set of a-arms and shocks. I know times are hard on everyone just like me. If you already have shocks and want this set up it will not only take weight off the front of the bike, which is front heavy but it will give you the ability to set the caster and camber the way it should be for the bike to work better in the turns and over the jumps. If you take one of the new apex's they have long shocks already, but no adjustment this will solve that problem. Also if some one buys them and decides to go with the lowers they will be half price. that way you can build the quad as you get the money. I am just trying to get it where you can build the quad as you go and not have to be out so much money up front, that way you can keep racing and build as needed. thanks dave

Logan #34's Dad
02-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Okay Dave, So your saying that we folks on a limited budget can use your new uppers with the stock lowers until we can afford your lowers? Great idea! Does this apply to the DRR as well?
Thanks and You and Brad are dangerous!
What's next?, Carbonfiber frame! Hmmm.

dcarter
02-16-2010, 01:14 AM
Yes they will work on the drr's and the apex's. You can buy just the uppers and then later you can buy the lowers as money dictates. A lot of people who have drr's and apex's already have aftermarket shocks on there bikes and i know it is hard to buy all new stuff so I am making it easier to make up grades. We will be working on carbon lowers in the near future as well. I just got the new steem material in friday so we will be testing them soon. I have to finish cole's new 90 this week. He will be here on the 25th to do final testing on a lot of new stuff. I know a lot of people are wondering why carbon fiber, well it is about taking weight off the front of an already front heavy bike and no one can knock it off easily. Plus we will be expanding into the big bike market as well with the top carbon a-arms.
thanks dave
p.s. we are working on a rebuildable anti vibe steering steem as well! just trying to come up with things that will keep the cost down in the future. with the new steem if you crash and bend it you can send it back and have a new tube put in for a fraction of the cost of a new one.

airmobile101
02-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Dave, You plan on making those tie rods for a 450r? I wouldn't mind trying those on my Houser frontend. It would give it some flair!;)
Tim

Ride1Rob
02-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Big thumbs up to you guys for developing such trick parts for the mini's :cool: .

gistmarrs
02-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Have you guys thought about making these arms for Cobra's? It would be nice to get rid of the stupid OEM ball joint thing and shave some weight off of the front.

dcarter
02-17-2010, 02:20 AM
we have an a-arm set up for the cobra's pm. tom harness and ask him to see will's cobra. we went with the four hundred set up on the front with factory shock length. he has the pic's of the bike. thanks dave

mcwilly
02-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Hey Dave, any ballpark idea on when you think the CF stems will be available?

dcarter
02-27-2010, 02:20 AM
I have the new material in now and i will be working on them next week. cole shake will be doing the testing and if they pass him they will be ready for sale. i will keep every one posted. thanks dave

etondaddy
02-27-2010, 04:32 AM
Sent you a pm and a e-mail Dave

Mike Kozura

03-03-2010, 06:36 AM
how much do a full set of these a-arms and tie rods weigh. i know my setup thats long travel weighs 12lbs total with all 6 pieces complete and am looking maybe to go this way is they weigh a total of 2lbs lighter. i just can't see how they are when you have that big aluminum piece on thier.