PDA

View Full Version : occ

SRH
02-11-2010, 10:07 PM
i watch the new episodes regularly...then i see tonight was the final episode of the show... kind of abrupt...anyone else follow it? did i miss something? what caused the end of the show?

Quad18star
02-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Maybe something to do with Paul Sr sueing Paul Jr.

grassman
02-11-2010, 10:25 PM
the show used to be great,, it became too much about the family problems and less about the bikes... started getting lame.. too much reality probably killed it

honda400ex2003
02-11-2010, 10:28 PM
i know i used to watch it every week and for the same reasons i quit watching it. i have enough to worry about without listening to someone yelling at people at work and all that. it turned lame after a few episodes of it. steve

SRH
02-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by grassman
the show used to be great,, it became too much about the family problems and less about the bikes... started getting lame.. too much reality probably killed it

the family aspect was more interesting to me than the bikes, tho i havent watched it from the beginning,all the bikes seemed to be the same with just some modifications to make it custom, to be it just added to the story...

i kinda feel like the kids are babies...doesnt matter how much of a prick the old man is hes responsible for putting them in that position...if you ask me jr should of bit his tongue and rode it out, really petty to destroy a family relationship over ego, even if jr did help catapult the business he cant expect the same success with his new company...rarely does lightening strike twice

grassman
02-11-2010, 10:43 PM
when the show first started they were building bikes by hand and were very original.. now its all machines and not too personal... so they used family drama as filler in the show

Guy400
02-12-2010, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by grassman
when the show first started they were building bikes by hand and were very original.. now its all machines and not too personal... so they used family drama as filler in the show Vinny and Cody saw the handwriting on the wall over 2 years ago when they bailed. The sad part is egos got in the way of an otherwise promising business. Paul Sr. should've just stayed in the front office and left the bike building to his employees. Likewise, Paul Jr. should've stayed building bikes rather than becoming a primadonna. They both went out of their way to antagonize one another. I watched the first couple seasons pretty regularly and then it became the same old; Sr and Jr fight, they get over it and then they build a bike. I only happened to see a commercial at the beginning of this season about Mikey's alcohol rehab so I decided to watch. I haven't watched last night's episode yet but the commercial showed Mikey saying it's time for him to move on completely and I wondered what that meant.

Sr and Jr are both in trouble. Without that television show (which is huge free advertising for these companies) who's really going to want their stuff now? Their customs are not in the upper tier to begin with and then who's really going to want to associate with Paul Jr. Designs when there's no more TV show?

hondariderdylan
02-12-2010, 07:24 AM
i watched the cobalt episode last night. i didnt catch the part about last episodes. Oh well the show had been going downhill for a while.

I never caught what happened between Jr. and Sr. either

dns1764
02-12-2010, 07:36 AM
i think right after they left their first shop the show went downhill from there.

Ichoptop
02-12-2010, 08:46 AM
theme bike are lame. It's not a custom if you just weld on brackets to add tacky **** onto anything. I watched a few episodes and it makes me laugh. The dad is exactly like my dad. Loud, obnoxious and condensending but overall a good guy. I dont see how any of his kids could ever work for him. Of course his kids arent the best employees anyways so it wouldnt matter.

Ive been building hotrods and customs for 20 years (with a few bikes thrown in). Its about making a vehicle go faster, handle better, stop faster and either adding or deleteing all the details that the factory could or couldnt do because of price or liability. Adding tacky welded together spiderwebs and whatnot are just really lame.

if you want to see sensational bike builders there is always Jesse James. Check out Indian Larrys bikes and Johnny Chops bikes. Unfortunatly both are dead now. Chikas Custom motorcycles puts out some cool stuff as well as Zero Motorcycles in Japan.

protraxrptr17
02-12-2010, 08:50 AM
If they lose the show they'll have to buy some machines. Such as the 5-axis waterjet. Flow made them a deal to use the machine free of charge if it got airtime on the show. Does anybody really believe you could pay for a machine like that cutting out motorcycle fenders? You would have to cut out an insane amount of fenders. I don't know if the machine could cut fast enough to pay for itself unless the fenders were like $6000 each. The kids are just a bunch of spoiled babies. Take Mikey, what is it that he really does to make money for the company? I always thought he was gay since way back when he was hangin out with the parts guy all the time. The episode where he was working out with that dude pretty much gave it away.:eek2:

ZeroLogic
02-12-2010, 09:18 AM
I use to watch the show with my father when it first came out. Then it was great but it just got to a ***** fit match every show and got plain old boring. Their bikes weren't nothing special I feel though. They took a frame fab by someone else and just bolted on parts. Jesse James and Indian Larry (R.I.P) blew them out of the water.

Whats the law suit about anyhow?

SRH
02-12-2010, 10:26 AM
i think there egos caused them to expand the shop way too fast, they could of survived without the show before, now there is no way they can handle that overhead im sure, no company is going to waste money getting a bike built without the advertisement on tv, paul jr company is going to suffer too, i kinda feel when they went to resturants, colognes and hunting apparrel it took away from the prestige of the bikes, there more of a tv show than a bike builder now, i cant say anyone would want a occ chopper over a west coast or indian larry now...occ is almost like the big bear chopper deal now, they forgot there roots, im sure senior has made enough to maintain his lifestyle indefinetly though

ricks the smartest guy on the show

yellowzo3
02-12-2010, 10:50 AM
I was hoping a thread about this would pop up on at least one of the forums I visit.

I remember watching the first show ever. Jr. was doing everything by hand and the arguments weren't taking up most of the show. There were only a couple cameras and it was really dark in the shop... They were normal guys and not prepared for TV at all... which was awesome.

Fast forward to last night. I haven't watched the show in years and didn't even know it was still on TV. Once I found out the final episode was on last night I ran downstairs to watch it. I was hoping it would be a recap of their history with Discovery and where it brought them, etc... Nope. Another stupid theme bike. Now I realize why this show was going off the air.

The show was complete ****. The time was split evenly between Paul Jr. and Sr. both going back and forth saying "its really unfortunate my father/sons cant be here to celebrate this great day" (they each had something special going on during the show).. and a lame bike being built in between. So I kept watching thinking maybe in the last 15 minutes or so they'll reflect on everything.. Wrong again. They acted like it was just another show which makes me think that the whole going off the air deal wasn't exactly "planned". There was nothing in the show that hinted it was their last show or anything. And the show sucked on all levels of entertainment.

It was just a horrible show last night and I'm sure no one here will disagree. It was seriously a show about NOTHING lol.

They can probably buy the waterjet without flinching though. If you've watched the show over the years you can see how their lifestyle has changed and how they throw money away like its nothing.

I guess they're over the whole TV thing and I don't think its just the lawsuit ending the show. OCC has had every main character leave the show since its creation. People you never saw in the show years ago are now main characters. They have nothing left to make tv with lol.

It was sort of sad to watch because they started out small... grew into an "empire" and on the show last night everyone seemed mentally drained and it was like the fall of their "empire". They all look more depressed then when the show started.

I know this is pretty long but I'm sure many agree with me.

protraxrptr17
02-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Yes, very good post. I agree with all of it. The first show was awesome. They didn''t have a whole bunch of machines, just a few guys working in a small shop with their hands.

atveric132
02-12-2010, 12:46 PM
i fell that after vinnie left the show turned to be about the family and not Orange County Choppers. back then all the bikes where completly custom like the fire bike, jet bike and the original black widow bike. sonce then show is kinda boring.

Guy400
02-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by SRH

ricks the smartest guy on the show Exactly, and it's guys like him that I feel sorry for because they're the ones caught in the middle of this. When this deal goes south poor old Rick wasn't making TV show money. Both Paul's are set for retirement already...

reconmaster
02-12-2010, 01:22 PM
tlc ruins alot of these shows if they stuck with discovery it would stayed to working on bikes and building them and bikeshows not the family bs

SRH
02-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by reconmaster
tlc ruins alot of these shows if they stuck with discovery it would stayed to working on bikes and building them and bikeshows not the family bs

tlc is owned by discovery, along with animal planet and a few others

i think rick could make a living on his own,or get with another shop with his rep, i can respect him for keeping to himself and just doing the job i think paul sr is working on a new format without paul and mikey, doubt anyone will watch it

honda300EXtreme
02-12-2010, 01:48 PM
yea. i have watched this show since day 1. and i remember the old episodes where it took them two episodes to build a bike. now they might spend 30mins of a 1 hour show to show the fabrication and assembly. Rick is definatley the smartest and most skilled guy in that shop. cody and vinny were definatly smart to get out when they did. those two actually opened up a shop together but i cant remember what its called.

it kinda seems like that episode wasnt supposed to be the series finally. it just seemed like any other show. id like to know what caused the show to end so abruptly.

i swear the newer episodes of this show should be on in the afternoon with all the other day time dramas

400ex28
02-12-2010, 01:52 PM
i thought that ****ty show was over years ago

SRH
02-12-2010, 02:04 PM
i dont think that was suppose to be the last episode who knows what happened, i did like the show

Jblazin98
02-12-2010, 02:48 PM
The shop that Vinny and Cody opened is called V Force Customs. they have a web site and a show coming out...

yellowzo3
02-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Jblazin98
The shop that Vinny and Cody opened is called V Force Customs. they have a web site and a show coming out...

They do have a show coming out? Awesome... but I hope its actual bike building. They fool around at their shop a lot from the videos I've seen. They were the two coolest guys in the shop and Vinnie does great work so I'm sure they won't disappoint.

Rick also has his own thing going called Rick Petco Design (RPD)... People are saying that he wants to open his own business or fall back on it if OCC's business doesn't pick up.

As for the last episode issue? I also heard it wasn't supposed to be the Series Finale but rather the Season Finale. Not sure if that's true or not but the least Discovery could have done was bring one camera to the shop and film a 15 minute goodbye/thanks by Paul Sr. No one would have cared if it had amazing editing if they explained the circumstances.

Reconmaster, are you a member on the Discovery forums? There's a reply in the American Chopper section that's almost word for word what you wrote haha

SRH, Paul Sr. is getting a new show? It most likely won't be a hit as his boys are both off the show now and it went under. It will pretty much be the exact show that was on yesterday if its just about him. Even the OCC restaurant has pictures of Paul Jr. and Mikey in it lol

SRH
02-12-2010, 03:44 PM
it said on discovery page for occ that the show may be over but stay tuned for paul sr next thing

400exrider707
02-12-2010, 06:54 PM
OCC - Over the Counter Choppers. Those guys dont build anything, they buy parts and assemble them. They have some guy who doesn't even work at the shop do killer paintwork and then sell them as custom bikes...:o

SRH
02-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
OCC - Over the Counter Choppers. Those guys dont build anything, they buy parts and assemble them. They have some guy who doesn't even work at the shop do killer paintwork and then sell them as custom bikes...:o

agreed but i think there was a time this was paying off, jr and senior dont exactly seem to have any financial worries

CADWELL
02-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I used to love when the show first came out.

Remeber when Mike Rowe used to do the narrowating, those are the days this show was great.

My favorites were the Fire bike, the Black Widow bike and I REALLy liked the Stealth bike.

These are the years that they didn't have ANY CNC machines. They always had a pile of Mock fenders and Mandrel bends and Jr. and Vance (Vinne) LOL did ALL of the fab work.

Haven't watched that show in a long time...

reconmaster
02-12-2010, 08:10 PM
i don't think i have used iscovery forums since i was a teenager lol but i didn't realize discovery owned tlc i figured they were 2 different channells. but you look at tlc they try dramatize a lot of stuff ppl who watch mechanic/fab ike shows want to see a lil drama but we watch it because we love see metal cut, torches burning, welders being used, and well the end result a master peice in our eyes.

ZeroLogic
02-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

Bingo.

Whats the lawsuit about?:confused:

honda400ex2003
02-12-2010, 09:27 PM
jr not giving up his shares of the stock is what it sounded like to me when i read the article. steve

honda300EXtreme
02-12-2010, 10:14 PM
i did a little bit of reading and from what i see paul sr. is sueing jr. for 1 million in damages because he will not sell his shares of the company.

however i did find. cody and vinny along with a few other guys will be coming out with a bike show called throttle junkies which will premiere on the 14 of this month.

it says it can be seen nationwide on Resorts & Residence, AMG TV, Untamed Sports TV, Altitude Sports, Bright House Sports Network, Cox Sports, CW West Palm, Time Warner Sports Network (Buffalo/Syracuse) and LoneStar Cable Network.

quad2xtreme
02-13-2010, 06:41 AM
I watched it the first 2 seasons then occasionally thereafter. I lost interest after Vinnie left. Most shows get boring after a few seasons which is really why they had to stick to the reality show angle. Seriously, how long were you going to watch them "fabricate"?

Personally, I would have offered Vinnie part ownership. He was a cool guy who kept a level head. He was a major part of the show and some simple marketing would have shown that prior to letting him leave.

nynetwo9
02-13-2010, 10:00 AM
like everyone else basically said, i to watched the first few seasons of the show when it was on discovery. It was an awesome show. I kinda stopped watching it before it went to tlc. I watched the final episode becuase I heard it was goin to be the last one. I to was excited becuase i was hoping for a recap of there history and "whatnot" lol. Definatley a dissapointment. wierd how they just used a regular episode as the final instead of filming a wrap up.

anyway, this was like my 2nd episode i caught on TLC. wow have i missed a lot!!! that building they have is ridiculous! then all the dif people they have working for them designing and managing stuff is wierd. its so different from the discovery channel days.

btw, can anyone catch me up to speed on things? why are they all fighting? why did vinnie leave? cody?

thanks

yellowzo3
02-13-2010, 02:21 PM
nynetwo, Vinnie and Cody left a long time ago before things got real stupid in the shop. They both left together and started their own company called V-Force customs.

I think Vinnie left because he couldn't take the arguing and stupidity in the shop anymore and also because he never got credit for any of the builds. They would introduce the bike at a show and thank Paul Jr. and Sr. and bring them on stage. Vinnie was never mentioned and was always just in the audience somewhere watching even though he did most of the work on the bike. I'm sure him and Cody weren't getting any (or barely any) money from the TV contract either. He was on the show for years so people know his name and skills so it's not like hes trying to build a reputation from scratch.

I have no idea who the new guy is that was on the last episode though. Didn't they hire the guy from that shop that had a show on Discovery for a few months? Where's he at?

Oh and as for the fighting, they've done that since Season 1. But now the show just seemed to show 75% fighting and 25% bikes instead of vice-versa like it used to be.

I could watch them build bikes all day. Its the reason we all started watching the show in the first place. If you only watched for the fighting then you should be watching soap operas instead.

Why'd they drop American Hot Rod, Southern Steel (something like that) and the rest of the Friday night lineup? That was the best 3 hours of tv ever!

honda300EXtreme
02-13-2010, 02:38 PM
american hot rod ended for a few reasons. the main one being boyd coddington died. the shop closed some time in 2008 i believe.

grassman
02-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Thought Ide through this pic in since we're on the subject... This is what the "shop" looks like from the thruway... I took it last summer on the way home..

yellowzo3
02-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by honda300EXtreme
american hot rod ended for a few reasons. the main one being boyd coddington died. the shop closed some time in 2008 i believe.

Ahhh true haha... Just did some reading...

Boyd's wife tried to run the hot rod shop and wheel shop but couldn't handle it. She kept the wheel shop and closed the hot rod shop. One of the guys at the shop opened his own place and a few people from Boyd's shop went to work for him. The cars that were left unfinished upon the shops closing were completed at this new shop.

Grassman, is that the parking lot for the shop waaaayyy out in front of it? Lol how many people do they expect to have in there at one time :p

grassman
02-13-2010, 05:50 PM
I think it might be a lot for the hotel next to it.... A couple of my friend went to the shop and said its always empty,, they did say that they put on a badass car show.. and it gets packed.

SRH
02-13-2010, 06:08 PM
i really feel like they expanded like that for no good reason...i mean idk what kinda of money they generate yearly but i cant imagine there are that many custom bikes in demand..

you guys ever watch howe and howe tech? they work out of a modest little dump...good show...they build the ripsaws and what not

honda300EXtreme
02-13-2010, 06:12 PM
yea i watch that show. they build some badass stuff. i couldn't imagine the price tags though. on the season finale they moved into a pretty good sized shop.

yellowzo3
02-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by SRH
you guys ever watch howe and howe tech? they work out of a modest little dump...good show...they build the ripsaws and what not

Yeah that show is pretty awesome. Lol once these places get on tv they always upgrade shops.. Probably will be more filmer friendly as well for TV purposes. I wonder what kind of money Discovery pays these shops.

02-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by dns1764
i think right after they left their first shop the show went downhill from there.

this. thats about the time I stopped watching.

dns1764
02-13-2010, 07:37 PM
i think any show, building bikes, cars, or whatever will not make it unless they go into close detail. look at xtreme 4x4, thats a good show. there is no tv drama. they just show it as it is and have no cliffhangers.

another show thats on the downhill is ax men. now they have staged contests, hollywood editing, and a whole bunch of bs

ATV Chic
02-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
this. thats about the time I stopped watching.

x2. I miss those days. They really lost sight of what made them successful, and it's sad that they are such a split family now. :ermm:

honda300EXtreme
02-13-2010, 07:43 PM
i think any show, building bikes, cars, or whatever will not make it unless they go into close detail. look at xtreme 4x4, thats a good show. there is no tv drama. they just show it as it is and have no cliffhangers.

another show thats on the downhill is ax men. now they have staged contests, hollywood editing, and a whole bunch of bs

i completley agree with all that. i have noticed this with ax men too.. still a good show though. but i personally like swamp logers better.

SRH
02-13-2010, 07:46 PM
i love axe men and the format...browning is a badass

fasterblaster09
02-13-2010, 09:32 PM
I have never seen ax men, but swamp loggers isn't too bad, i've seen a couple episodes of it

yellowzo3
02-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i love axe men and the format...browning is a badass

Same here... it's my favorite show on tv right now. Comes back on tomorrow after a week off. What staged contests are you guys talking about? The yarder contest? It may have been staged but it still caused them to up production that day lol so it wasn't all for tv. What happened to Stump Branch though? Did they go under and Melvin just went to work for Pihl?

However I do think some of the logs falling back down the hill are staged... It's happened multiple times already this season and they seem to be pushing this scenario with their animations showing how deadly it can be.

SRH
02-14-2010, 12:04 AM
i wonder what happened to the father and son that worked for pihl and the other guy..... the father really killed the morale for pihl...you can see the difference, brownings guys fear and respect him when hes on the site....pihls guys barely like him let alone respect or fear

Guy400
02-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by SRH
i wonder what happened to the father and son that worked for pihl and the other guy..... the father really killed the morale for pihl...you can see the difference, brownings guys fear and respect him when hes on the site....pihls guys barely like him let alone respect or fear Wasn't it something like Duane? The guy's a borderline drunk from how they portray him. I do like Ax Men and Browning is the man. I freakin' die laughing at the father/son river loggers. Those two argue like the two Paul's except less violently. I about pissed my pants on the last episode where the son comes up with that giant telephone pole of a sunken log and then the dad comes up with a fence post.

Pappy
02-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Havent watched OCC in years, too much drama and TV hype.

Swamp Loggers and American Loggers (comes back tonight I believe) blow away AX Men anymore. Funny what being in front of a camera will do to people and how they act.

honda300EXtreme
02-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Guy400 i agree that father/son river loggers are hilarious. i look forward to them haha. i about died when he went to set that anchor line and fell in the water. and when he rear ended that guy who was towing him.

nynetwo9
02-14-2010, 01:02 PM
swamp loggers is a wild show. the other 2 logging shows are cool too. that father son river loggers are priceless. that other crazy guy who dives in the water barefoot lookin for logs is insane. he freeking fired that gun off into the water to scare that guy from production, nuts. not sure which show he was on, only saw it once. he needs his on spin off tho.

anyone see that show on tlc called trashmen? saw it after occ the other night. this guys business has a massive fleet of garbage trucks and machines. plus everything he has is customed out with black paint. wierd how a younger guy can have a business this big with such overhead in machinery. it blew me away! check it out.

02-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Random but I love the show Pawn Stars. Cool stuff they get in and there is a history lesson behind it.

quad2xtreme
02-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Random but I love the show Pawn Stars. Cool stuff they get in and there is a history lesson behind it.

One of my favorite shows.

CHAR250R
02-15-2010, 02:09 AM
Here's some info on the swamp logger:

Shelby Stanga has been living and logging in the swamps north of New Orleans since he was 9 years old. He recovers abandoned logs from the nearby waterways with an ever-evolving cast of sidekicks--his dog Pill Willy, his friends Earl and Gary and his cousin David.

Shelby is on the hunt for Sinker Cypress--the gold standard of trees in these parts. But guarding the treasure are enormous alligators, ill-tempered swap rats and deadly snakes that are almost as big as Shelby.

The damage to Shelby's body over the years is a testament to the job's dangers -- appendages almost lost to alligator attacks, eyes gouged out head injuries and chronic intestinal pain.

I watch ax men just to see this crazy b a s t a r d.
:D

protraxrptr17
02-15-2010, 06:36 AM

Yeah, the stupid editing kills it. Like when Melvin had the log come in the cab. That was not the same log that hung up on the stump. Same deal when the guy got hit in the face with the choker. Also, when they are showing footage of a cutting machine with a disc saw they put in the sound of a two stroke chain saw when it cuts a tree. People, I can assure you, it sounds nothing like a chain saw. :devil: Most impressive sound you have ever heard. I worked in the woods for ten years, so I know these things. Swamp Loggers (with Bobby Goodson) is the most real. I never knew why they called the other one American Loggers. They are french canadians and haul the wood to Canada??:confused: Alot of those guys on these shows are idiots. I would have fired 'em in the first hour. The Goodson crew are all pretty good though. I haven't seen anybody that needs fired yet.:D

dns1764
02-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
Same here... it's my favorite show on tv right now. Comes back on tomorrow after a week off. What staged contests are you guys talking about? The yarder contest? It may have been staged but it still caused them to up production that day lol so it wasn't all for tv. What happened to Stump Branch though? Did they go under and Melvin just went to work for Pihl?

However I do think some of the logs falling back down the hill are staged... It's happened multiple times already this season and they seem to be pushing this scenario with their animations showing how deadly it can be.

well the yarder is the first one. if it was only to boost production, then why dont they do it everyday

the second is the rygard greenhorns. they have to faceoff to see who gets the job.. i call hollywood bs.

Guy400
02-16-2010, 05:56 AM
Random but I love the show Pawn Stars. Cool stuff they get in and there is a history lesson behind it. Chumlee cracks me up. That dude needs his own show.

dns1764
02-16-2010, 07:36 AM
he is the village idiot

yellowzo3
02-16-2010, 07:48 AM
well the yarder is the first one. if it was only to boost production, then why dont they do it everyday

the second is the rygard greenhorns. they have to faceoff to see who gets the job.. i call hollywood bs.

Probably $$ or maybe they only have one yarder guaranteed to be running at a time... Could be a lot of reasons but yeah that part was staged.

The greenhorns situation is probably staged too but the two of them kill the vibe of the show by making it so obvious sometimes. Like the one time that kid wore the boot attachment things? lmao... I'm sure he knew the rules of the job before stepping foot in the dirt and OSHA has been all over all of the companies since the show started so I'm sure they wouldn't let him wear those things all day.

I think logs falling down the hill are the biggest staged thing though. They make it seem like a game when they show the log falling and then the guys all stampeding out of the way. I'm sure its really dangerous when that happens but they play it up every show when they never used to.

But why is Melvin at Pihl now? Did Stump Branch go under?

400exrider707
02-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i really feel like they expanded like that for no good reason...i mean idk what kinda of money they generate yearly but i cant imagine there are that many custom bikes in demand..

A modest dump? At first they did, but they moved into that humongous new building! Cool show, and cool machines!

Tommy Warren
02-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Lets see if I can get us back on topic.....I read paul sr's book last year and he has a whole chapter about how you should never go into business with partner.....I think he needs to read his own book again:huh

SRH
02-16-2010, 09:29 PM
i been meaning to read paul sr.s book im not sure hes that sharp of a business man, it think hes got what it takes to make it work...but his business blew up because he could make the business end work and paul jr was excellent with his designwork....that got the attention of the show... and with the show it catapulted him up to the level hes at...i always felt like tho sr put them where they were, he forgot what gave him the opportunity to really get things movin

yellowzo3
02-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by SRH
i been meaning to read paul sr.s book im not sure hes that sharp of a business man, it think hes got what it takes to make it work...but his business blew up because he could make the business end work and paul jr was excellent with his designwork....that got the attention of the show... and with the show it catapulted him up to the level hes at...i always felt like tho sr put them where they were, he forgot what gave him the opportunity to really get things movin

Great point at the end there. I agree.

Sr. started the company but Jr. was doing the majority of the build work, even when the show first aired. I have a feeling Jr. actually did work hard but for TV Discovery wanted us to perceive him in a different way, for TV drama of course. If Sr. were to go back and watch the first season I think he'd see what they were all about. Yes, there was arguing. Anyone that works with one of their siblings or father will argue. That's just how it is. But they still got the job done and at the end of the day there were no hard feelings. I can remember them turning the lights off every night in the shop and leaving together. The TV show ruined them by hyping up their anger towards each other and I guess Jr. couldn't take it and left? Not sure as I only watched the last episode which had nothing to do with previous seasons.

But wtf is up with Jr.'s new business? What does he even do lol... He's selling pictures of Mikey. If hes doing stuff like that business surely isn't booming over there.

honda300EXtreme
02-17-2010, 05:55 PM
his new company is alot like modern day occ. he takes an existing product and adds a bunch of stuff to it and sells it with his name and a higher price tag. for instance that coleman grill

well he did design some dog toys too lol.

i just dont see him making it with paul jr. designs. i think hes trying to branch out cause he always has the bikes to fall back on.

lem dad
02-17-2010, 06:25 PM
The thing that kills OCC is they do not fit in the real biker world
never did never will Billy Lane , Indain Larry top builders
IMO

slightlybent47
02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
I have a 400ex that I have modified so dose that make me a quad builder? No.
Just because they welded on a few trinkets and then call it a custom bike, dose not make them a custom bike builder. I think there biggest down fall was ego.

honda300EXtreme
02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
i agree ^^ jesse james is one of my personal favorite bike builders. occ builds SOME nice bikes.

the word chopper in the bike world used to mean a bare bones motorcycle. hense the word chop. it used to be about the power. not how much stuff you could bolt on the bike. i just think occ has never done things in this style and thats why they dont get the respect as alot of the other builder.

anybody ever seen the copper bike or the bike built for kid rock by jesse james. they are awsome

diangelo#67
02-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by SRH
the family aspect was more interesting to me than the bikes, tho i havent watched it from the beginning,all the bikes seemed to be the same with just some modifications to make it custom, to be it just added to the story...

i kinda feel like the kids are babies...doesnt matter how much of a prick the old man is hes responsible for putting them in that position...if you ask me jr should of bit his tongue and rode it out, really petty to destroy a family relationship over ego, even if jr did help catapult the business he cant expect the same success with his new company...rarely does lightening strike twice ya know its funny you say that I also thought that it must have been jr's fault but if you look at it big paul has 4 kids an none of them talk to their father....says alot to me my father an I are involved in business as well as my grandfather. no matter what kind of arguments we have at work we always talk!