PDA

View Full Version : Please read and offer ideas

bcapien
02-11-2010, 08:04 PM
I purchased ltr 450 from local shop in canton ohio. Quad is a 2006 ltr450.. When i went to look at bike it was on show room floor and owner told me he purchased 2 of them about 2 years ago and sold the 1 and this was his race quad. He told me the frame was replaced due to a few cracks and he purchased frame from dealership. Now all gussets on frame say B.A.R.E. and frame is a stock silver color.. Now the tag on left side that would normaly have a vin has nothing.. Now it has not been shaved or anything like that its just clean like it was never stamped before.. The owner is cool and has been in same building for years and i trust him but i took bike to another dealership and was told the frame just has no vin and looks like it was never stamped. The guy at the suzuki place told me that he had a few ltr 450's that had a frame recall and frames came with no vin numbers. So we tried running case numbers and came back nothing at all.. What should i do. I have notorized bill of sale and like i said its a very well known shop around here.. Could this be true?? Is it possible to have a vin less frame?? I can show photos of tag on frame.. Its clean and not shaved off.. Thanks

Sweendogie
02-11-2010, 10:18 PM
the vin number would be on the original frame, replacement frames do not have vin numbers i dont think, he should still have something for the original frame though

miles Machine
02-12-2010, 01:53 AM
when suzuki warranties a frame your supposed to send the frame back to them to inspect it and then they destroy it but before they send it back there supposed to duplicate the vin in the new frame

bcapien
02-12-2010, 08:15 AM
I think since he is a shop and is doing warranty work for Suzuki frame was sent to him from suzuki and vin was never put on new frame.. It looks like the only thing i can do is purchase another frame and switch them out. How long will it take to switch frames?? I replaced frame on my 400ex and take about 6 hours from start to finish but ltr has more stuff to remove and transfer over.. I guess i have no other way to handle this.. Its better to get new frame then to lose a bike i have invested money into.. Thanks for your help

Drewltr450
02-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Get 2 people 2 air ratchets and a huge socket set. I can get mine torn down in about 3 hours built bak up in about 6.

gsxr68
02-14-2010, 03:26 PM
why would you lose the atv

bcapien
02-15-2010, 06:09 AM
because in Ohio if you dont have a title and get caught by the police and have no vin on frame there going to take your atv..

jherbie28
02-15-2010, 05:08 PM
you said the frame was silver and had bare written on it? has it been gussetted and powdercoated? the plate should still be there but you wont be able to see the numbers.

bcapien
02-15-2010, 05:28 PM
yes thats how it is??

leasureryan
02-15-2010, 10:08 PM
every suzuki frame the has came from my dealership, and we have replaced all sorts of frames, atv, motorcyle, etc, they restamp the frame with the same vin that was on the one being replaced, hence all the paperwork and how long it takes to get one.....I'm just sayin'.......sounds a little.....

call me at work tomarrow at Mid-Ohio Suzuki Honda Yamaha Kawasaki 740-397-5272 ext 3 for service my name is Ryan

bcapien
02-16-2010, 07:37 AM
I tried calling but i guess due to snow your running late.. Anyways i took bike to Midwest before and was told its just not stamped.. Not sure how it was not stamped but it wasnt.. Its not stolen trust me.. I have had bike to a few places and everyone said the samething including state 8.. I am just going to order new frame and go from there.. I really dont care about the title issue but with the cops and state troopers around here i am better off getting a title this way i dont risk loosing my bike.. Better safe the sorry.. If you still want plastics Ryan let me know.. Thanks

niceraxx
09-04-2010, 03:52 PM
ryan do you do side work? I am having some issues with my 06 ltr