PDA

View Full Version : Full Exhaust vs Slipon

CJM
02-11-2010, 06:05 PM
I have a Duncan Racing full exhaust, problem is the IDIOT previous owner gutted the it and then decided to attach a strap band around the muffler, drilling holes all over it to make sure it was on there. Which causes many exhaust leaks.

Pipes and everything are ok tho. Obviously this is a hard to come by exhaust so no use trying to get a muffler really for the cost of the ones ive seen.

I still have the original pipe and was thinking of something like an E series or a Lexx slip on.

Whats more worth it for a quad thats only trail ridden?

CJM
02-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Anyone??

honda400ex2003
02-11-2010, 07:10 PM
if you dont plan to go big bore with a ported and polished head, and big duration cam then a full exhaust is a waste as far as i am concerned. the stock header flows decent and with the welds ground down in it, flows better. it will also give you better low end torque compared to a bigger header since the diameter is a bit smaller. I am not sure on the diameter of the duncan but i am assuming it is alittle bigger. the torque will be better for the trails. I would look for a nice slip on to run and you will be happy with the results in my opinion. steve

CJM
02-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Thats pretty much what I came up with. I ground down the welds on the stock header already in prep for doing something so that should help.

1999x400ex
02-11-2010, 07:50 PM
i like the e-series slip on pipe. sounds great and looks clean

MidnightBlade
02-23-2010, 03:15 PM
just throwing this out but how do you grind down the welds?

CJM
02-23-2010, 03:26 PM
See the pic, you need a dremel and maybe 2-3 grinder stone attachments.

buggieman48
03-03-2010, 11:58 AM
I own a 99 400 w/white bros r4 makes good power sounds obnoxios...04 w/white bros e 2 makes more power not much but more..sounds good and crisp..everything ive read on the stock header pipe is that is as good if not better then anything on the market.. ive ran with lrd,t4,yosh..the only slip on that holds a candle is the curtis sparks.. my 400 w/e2 out runs trx450r w/t4 ..so im sold on the white bros...last i heard is that leo vance bought white bros...which makes sence that leo vance has a identicle slip on to the e2 w/a leo vance emblem instead of a e2 emblem..

tri5ron
03-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by buggieman48
I own a 99 400 w/white bros r4 ..sounds good and crisp..everything ive read on the stock header pipe is that is as good if not better then anything on the market.. my 400 w/e2 out runs trx450r w/t4 ..so im sold on the white bros...
I just love how all the "New guys" 400's with a slipon, (or spider grips, and graphics), always seem to outrun 450r's,......

but all of us "Old guys" 400's,
that are more equipped and finely tuned,
seem to not be able to,
or are even interested in trying,
to out run a 450r.

HMmmmm,......
WHY IS THAT ???????? :rolleyes:

bkelley
03-04-2010, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by tri5ron
I just love how all the "New guys" 400's with a slipon, (or spider grips, and graphics), always seem to outrun 450r's,......

but all of us "Old guys" 400's,
that are more equipped and finely tuned,
seem to not be able to,
or are even interested in trying,
to out run a 450r.

HMmmmm,......
WHY IS THAT ???????? :rolleyes: Haha, so true. It's amazing what those graphics, spider grips and slip-ons can do. I don't know why Honda even put out the 450r.