PDA

View Full Version : Any other members that Buy and sell for Hobby

troyzstang
02-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Just wondering how many members Buy & Sell as a hobby?

Here's few of Mine

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/troyzstang/mytoysgreenmachines015.jpg

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/troyzstang/yz125240.jpg

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/troyzstang/1993kx125047.jpg

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/troyzstang/yz400f007.jpg

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/troyzstang/003.jpg

JR3
02-11-2010, 05:39 PM
yup heres a few i had havent been on craigslist in awhile need to start back up

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/DSCN2522.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/DSCN2520.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/DSCN2513.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/DSCN2515.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/IMG_0541.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/DSCN2361.jpg

nastyrider17
02-11-2010, 06:28 PM
I've been wanting to buy quads and bikes that have been beat on and fix em up and sell em for a while. How much money do you guys make per quad?

Exrider434
02-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by nastyrider17
I've been wanting to buy quads and bikes that have been beat on and fix em up and sell em for a while. How much money do you guys make per quad?

I've just gotten into this, starting small though. Like sound systems, gps's, laptops, etc.. In a total of 4 days i made a $400 profit, most things i sold for double what i paid, or traded for something different which would gather more interest from a different age group.

ex.) Sound system bought for $75+a beat up headunit that i paid nothing for, put about $75 into the system and then traded sound system for laptop, sold laptop for $300.

Its so simple to do, i dont ever put a firm price on my stuff, i usually go about $50 higher than what i want and people barter down and think its awesome to get that much off, while i make exactly what i want lol.

Looking to get into the quad/bike trading/selling stuff though, it seems like a real easy way to make quick money.

nastyrider17
02-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434
I've just gotten into this, starting small though. Like sound systems, gps's, laptops, etc.. In a total of 4 days i made a $400 profit, most things i sold for double what i paid, or traded for something different which would gather more interest from a different age group.

ex.) Sound system bought for $75+a beat up headunit that i paid nothing for, put about $75 into the system and then traded sound system for laptop, sold laptop for $300.

Its so simple to do, i dont ever put a firm price on my stuff, i usually go about $50 higher than what i want and people barter down and think its awesome to get that much off, while i make exactly what i want lol.

Looking to get into the quad/bike trading/selling stuff though, it seems like a real easy way to make quick money.

I never thought about doing computers and other electronic stuff. The money seems like it's really good. I also thought about parting out quads on ebay but that might be slower.

troyzstang
02-11-2010, 06:51 PM
I've been buying & selling atvs & dirtbikes for a few years now. It is quite addicting so be careful :D I try my best to double my money. Most of the time it works but not always. It's a little harder now considering the current economy.

Exrider434
02-11-2010, 06:52 PM
ya, slow because there isnt such a high demand for them. I've managed to flip everything i bought/traded for in under a week. All electronic related things. Suwoofers w/ Amp, Amp itself, headunit, laptop, and car speakers. Just that brought in a $400 profit

The headunit was a real quick turnaround, bought for 100, sold for $175 in one hour.

JR3
02-12-2010, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Exrider434
ya, slow because there isnt such a high demand for them. I've managed to flip everything i bought/traded for in under a week. All electronic related things. Suwoofers w/ Amp, Amp itself, headunit, laptop, and car speakers. Just that brought in a $400 profit

The headunit was a real quick turnaround, bought for 100, sold for $175 in one hour.

exactly its all about how much ur time is worth to u as well if u spend all week on the computer trying to flip something and make 50 bucks and it took u all week to flip it and make 50 bucks u really arent doing squat. like u stated earlier u just have to attack certain groups of people. quadzillas and blasters go like crazy on craigslist. ive mainly just bought and flipped motorcycles and dirtbikes. remember it takes money to make money.

02-12-2010, 04:54 AM
Wow, I've never even thought about trying this... I think I should start. You guys just look for good deals on stuff then sell them for more, or try and find some stuff that's a little beat up and make it look/work new again?

trick450r
02-12-2010, 07:17 AM
I started with quads and dirtbikes and have since moved into cars. Theirs a lot of money to be had and you come across all sorts of fun ****. Trading is where its at though one time I traded a chopper mini bike i got for free for a beat pw80, fixed the pw with like $110. Traded that for a beat ttr90, put $50 into it and sold it for $800. Took the $800 cash and bought an 86' toyota truck on 35's had way to much fun in it for months and traded it for a 03' ktm 525sx rode that all year and traded it even for a 94' ranger in mint condition 6 inch lift and 35's which i later sold for $2400.

that was a long post but it shows that with a small amount of effort you can make good money on the side doing this.

destey
02-12-2010, 08:08 AM
i have a hard time selling things for more than what I paid. I'd rather a nice reliable steady stream of income rather than getting this guy or that for 2x what I paid. I just feel bad about it

I sell guns to people at work: Ruger mark 2 for $100, Remington model 597 .22 semi auto, with five 30 rnd clips, couple boxes of 550rnds for $125, Govt is so against people having guns that I try and do everything in my power to put em in the hands of the citizen, as James Madison would have wanted.

SRH
02-12-2010, 10:49 AM
haha why woud you feel bad, if they think ur asking price is worth it to them there paying a desireable price you should be happy to be doing business!

QuadParkour23
02-12-2010, 02:57 PM
I don't know if this counts but, I buy car subwoofers and build a enclosure for them and then re sell them. Usually make a 22% profit on those sales.

destey
02-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by SRH
haha why woud you feel bad, if they think ur asking price is worth it to them there paying a desireable price you should be happy to be doing business!

for the buying and sellign i do as a hobby it feels like i'm taking advantage of someone if i ask more than $110 for something i paid 100 for. i don't look down on others who make a larger margin i just feel weird doing it.

fasterblaster09
02-12-2010, 03:41 PM
I buy and sell cars, average profit about $900 and they literally sell in a day. I have been pretty lucky the last few months at finding good deals. I sell EVERYTHING on craigslist, I find good deals buy people selling cheap vehicles on other classifieds that have very low traffic so nobody sees them, then I buy it and put it on craigslist, beings how all the vehicles around here are really overpriced. I find cheap cars for around $1000-$1500 and sell for $2000-$2500. But be careful because sometimes you will end up with a lemon..and man is that a headache and throw a twists in things.

SRH
02-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by destey
for the buying and sellign i do as a hobby it feels like i'm taking advantage of someone if i ask more than $110 for something i paid 100 for. i don't look down on others who make a larger margin i just feel weird doing it.

you gotta get over that if your going to survive on this world because i gurantee you if there payin 110 there gonna sell it for 220

destey
02-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by SRH
you gotta get over that if your going to survive on this world because i gurantee you if there payin 110 there gonna sell it for 220

yeah its something i know but for some reason just sticks with me. the company i work is a power equipment mfg, they hammer people on purchasing parts at like 3x cost and it bugs me. Make 60% margin on the macine then get them on the parts.

fasterblaster09
02-12-2010, 04:12 PM
The other day, I had a 1996 honda accord ex for sale for $2000. A guy gave me a small down payment to hold it for a week. The day I was driving it over to him, it began to run hot. I wasn't going to sell it like that, so I called him and told him to meet me and I will refund his down payment. They came meet, me, and I noticed one of the fans wasn't working. I told him I will just keep it and fix it before selling it. He still wanted it, so we went to local parts house, and changed the relay. All was good so we drove it 30 miles to the notary, was going perfect. Got there and it was bubbling in the overflow jug, but the temp didn't move at all. So I told him again, I willl just keep it and figure out the problem because I don't want something to happen to it on the way back. Him and his dad kept on "oh no we'll take it like that we'll fix it thats no problem". So after two hours, we finally did the papers, well on the way back, I followed them out and the guy pulled over and said the car was hot.

I was sure to tell him, if it gets hot, pull over immediately. He drove 5 miles with it redlined on the temp guage and it busted the rediator hose. THey picked it up with a trailer. Next day the dad calls me saying "the engine has a blown head gasket!" like it was my fault, when we both clearly checked the oil and all was good. So I felt bad. what would yall do in a situation like this??

(I told him MULTIPLE times I would rather keep it and fix it, and I wouldnt drive it like that, he insisted. So I pointed out to him that i am putting AS IS on the bill of sale, it was his son who drove it hot and didn't stop which led to blown gasket)

troyzstang
02-12-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm my opinion you did the stand up thing. I would however offer to help finance 25% of the repair cost.

As far as buying & selling. I do my best to disclose any issues with anything I sell. If the new owner does have a problem SOON after their purchase I make it right at my expense. I think i offer a fair deal and have had many repeat buyers in the past year.

One example is the bike i just sold tonight.

2001 400 EX - Total restore / repair cost = $900 Sold for $1,400
It's more then making money. I enjoy working on bikes and consider it a hobby with benefits And there's always something to play on :D

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/troyzstang/2001400ex074.jpg

fasterblaster09
02-12-2010, 06:17 PM
well I did offer to give him $300, the next day the son comes get $200 from me (all I could get out of ATM), and he acted as if I owed it to him, like it was my fault. I didn't get a thank you or anything, which realllly pissed me off, therefore he isn't gonna see the other $100. He said it will be about $400 to fix. (just changing the headgasket....)

SRH
02-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by troyzstang
I'm my opinion you did the stand up thing. I would however offer to help finance 25% of the repair cost.

As far as buying & selling. I do my best to disclose any issues with anything I sell. If the new owner does have a problem SOON after their purchase I make it right at my expense. I think i offer a fair deal and have had many repeat buyers in the past year.

One example is the bike i just sold tonight.

2001 400 EX - Total restore / repair cost = $900 Sold for $1,400
It's more then making money. I enjoy working on bikes and consider it a hobby with benefits And there's always something to play on :D

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/troyzstang/2001400ex074.jpg

thing is if you were patient im sure you would of brought at least $2,000, i guess if your doing it for fun or to help someone out thats one thing but no way you could make a decent living like that, and it draws down the market for anyone else trying to make a living
do you factor in labor @ that $900...no way you could operate a business on $500 profit... unless you were moving 120-200 wheelers a yr...i usually sell about 60-70 and its a full time job finding, fixing selling, id have a hard time selling much more than that, i might be able to touch the 100 mark with larger investments and less profit but that wouldnt exactly make sense at this point

one thing ive learned buying and selling is you can go through bulletproof a machine and some douche will find a way to break it...whether its flat out stupidity or lack of mechanical skill, ive seen it all...there fault or no fault they still think its your fault and if you want to be successful you need to develop good people skills and business sense...i see alot of guys come and go operating on small profits with good intentions and no real sense of how people percieve someone they view as a business man...but then again selling in the 800-2000 dollar range is a completely different group of people than the 2000 and up range...headaches no matter what just in different departments

troyzstang
02-12-2010, 06:58 PM
You make a good point

But like I said it's a hobby with benefits. Like most I work a full time job in the retail enviroment making a good living. So whatever profits are made just goes into savings or more toys.

What can i say... I am blessed with a beautiful wife and I'm spoiled rotten. :D

honda400ex2003
02-12-2010, 07:51 PM
maybe one day i will start to sell of the stuff i am currently buying. I may have some parts this summer so i may start doing it as a bit of a hobby. I have to start out small though. lol. It really depends on how much work i can find this summer as to how much buying and selling i will be doing to make a bit of cash. steve

nastyrider17
02-13-2010, 02:12 PM
I found a 86 lt250r on craigslist for 600$ that needs a waterpump gasket, kickstart lever, and a good cleaning. If I got that and put 5 - 6 hundred dollars into that and repainted the frame, a-arms, swingarm, and other stuff do you think I could sell it for around 2500 - 3000 dollars?

JR3
02-13-2010, 03:10 PM
I found a 86 lt250r on craigslist for 600$ that needs a waterpump gasket, kickstart lever, and a good cleaning. If I got that and put 5 - 6 hundred dollars into that and repainted the frame, a-arms, swingarm, and other stuff do you think I could sell it for around 2500 - 3000 dollars?

not when dope 400exs and stock 450s are going for that much

SRH
02-13-2010, 03:32 PM
i only get about 800-1200 for a perfect running and condition 85-86 quad racer...a 87-92 can bring 1000-1800

i really wont spend much more than 100-300 on a quad racer if im going to flip it ...no demand and big headaches

troyzstang
02-13-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm afraid JR3 is right. i had the same bike that was very clean. i paid $700.00 for it and had a hard time clearing $1,000 after a few minor repairs.

Good luck though I'm sure you'll turn a fair profit.

On another note. I just picked up a great deal.

2003 YZ 125 for $500.00 with brand new FMF Complete exhaust , Renthal bars. new rear tire , rear fender and back sprocket. It just needs a piston/ ring set.
I stopped by my machinist house on the way home and he checked the cylinder for me and GAVE me the piston & rings I needed.

Awesome deal :D
My damn garage is gridlocked!

nastyrider17
02-13-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm afraid JR3 is right. i had the same bike that was very clean. i paid $700.00 for it and had a hard time clearing $1,000 after a few minor repairs.

Good luck though I'm sure you'll turn a fair profit.

On another note. I just picked up a great deal.

2003 YZ 125 for $500.00 with brand new FMF Complete exhaust , Renthal bars. new rear tire , rear fender and back sprocket. It just needs a piston/ ring set.
I stopped by my machinist house on the way home and he checked the cylinder for me and GAVE me the piston & rings I needed.

Awesome deal :D
My damn garage is gridlocked!

I didn't pick the quad up yet but now I think I'm going to go with a 400ex.

That yz125 sounds like an amazing deal. That's pretty crazy that the machinist gave you the piston and rings! Get some pics of it. How much are you going to sell it for?

troyzstang
02-13-2010, 04:22 PM
I'll take some before & after shots. Should bring about 1,200 - 1,500 If I can get it done before the tax money runs out.
It's prime time to flip.....

fastredrider44
02-13-2010, 05:34 PM
I've bought and sold several fourwheelers. 2 problems. I get to liking them and don't want to sell them, or they turn into a nightmare. Bought a 400ex in a box for $500. Blown head gasket turned into bore, new piston, new studs (old ones pulled), new valves, timing chain, cam, and rocker covers. I did make a little on the bike money wise, but it didn't cover all of my labor.

How about buying and selling to and from your friends? Thoughts? I have some of my own opinions and theories, but would like to hear yours.

BuB400
02-13-2010, 05:57 PM
How about buying and selling to and from your friends? Thoughts? I have some of my own opinions and theories, but would like to hear yours. [/B][/QUOTE]

My theory, it's a quick way to lose friends, trust me.

nastyrider17
02-13-2010, 06:20 PM
I would never sell to a friend, if anything goes wrong it's automatically your fault. Plus you gotta give them the friend discount for a hundred or so and it sucks to see your quad get destroyed if the person doesn't take care of it.

troyzstang
02-13-2010, 06:27 PM
I have traded a few bikes with friends. As long as we both agree on the trade.Bikes here in Va beach are priced right and there's alot of owners that just don't know what they really have or how easy it is to make repairs. I've learned alot and have a great machinest / engineer with a great shop behind his house. He's very helpful when I get in over my head. I also have invested in the right tools for the job. makes working on bikes that much easier.

What can I say I'm hooked.
Three projects waiting on me right now
* 1996 KX 250
* 1998 300EX
* 2003 YZ125
And i just sold the 400EX last night

SRH
02-13-2010, 06:31 PM
ill never do business with someone i consider a genuine friend

nastyrider17
02-13-2010, 06:36 PM
I have traded a few bikes with friends. As long as we both agree on the trade.Bikes here in Va beach are priced right and there's alot of owners that just don't know what they really have or how easy it is to make repairs. I've learned alot and have a great machinest / engineer with a great shop behind his house. He's very helpful when I get in over my head. I also have invested in the right tools for the job. makes working on bikes that much easier.

What can I say I'm hooked.
Three projects waiting on me right now
* 1996 KX 250
* 1998 300EX
* 2003 YZ125
And i just sold the 400EX last night

How many quads and bikes have you rebuilt and sold and about how much money have you made? I want to do this to make a little bit of money because there's no shops around here hiring. I also enjoy working on quads.

There's a few quads and bikes around here for cheap I just gotta search around a bit. I am good at working on motors and just about everything else except electrical.

troyzstang
02-13-2010, 07:00 PM
How many quads and bikes have you rebuilt and sold and about how much money have you made? I want to do this to make a little bit of money because there's no shops around here hiring. I also enjoy working on quads.

There's a few quads and bikes around here for cheap I just gotta search around a bit. I am good at working on motors and just about everything else except electrical.

To be honest My wife & I started buying & selling cars from auctions. We would each pick one or two every month. the only problem with that was parking. We actually had 9 cars out front at one time ( Including ours) So we switched to ATVS & dirtbikes. We've been doing that for about three years now. I've lost count to be honest and the winter time is tough. I have 2 jet skis, two street bikes and 2 scooters that stay in the garage.

Grid locked:D

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/troyzstang/2001.jpg

nastyrider17
02-13-2010, 07:05 PM
To be honest My wife & I started buying & selling cars from auctions. We would each pick one or two every month. the only problem with that was parking. We actually had 9 cars out front at one time ( Including ours) So we switched to ATVS & dirtbikes. We've been doing that for about three years now. I've lost count to be honest and the winter time is tough. I have 2 jet skis, two street bikes and 2 scooters that stay in the garage.

Grid locked:D

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/troyzstang/2001.jpg

I'm jealous of your garage. Do you think setting a goal of fixing up and selling 2 quads or bikes a month would be good for me?

troyzstang
02-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Nothing to be jealous of . I can't frickin move out there. it takes me 10 minutes of movings bikes out just so i can work on anything. I can't wait for spring so i can Pull the skis out and have my garage back.
As far as getting started I would do one at a time until you build up a cash cushion. Anything I buy comes from a previous sale.

Good luck and choose wisely.

SRH
02-13-2010, 07:18 PM
i got more pics on my digi cam ill post a few up tomrorow... several hundred in my boneyard, on the floor right now i have 25... the work is cake, its the buying and selling that matters

nastyrider17
02-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i got more pics on my digi cam ill post a few up tomrorow... several hundred in my boneyard, on the floor right now i have 25... the work is cake, its the buying and selling that matters

Is that what you do for work?

What do you mean buy saying "it's the buying and selling that matters?

troyzstang
02-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Damn that's a dream come true :eek2:
Do you have a parts business on Ebay?

SRH
02-13-2010, 07:42 PM
naw just locally started out when i was younger and got into riding next thing i knew we had a huge collection of stuff

i say finding the right buys and selling to the right people is what matters and its the hardest thing to do...people are always suspicous of used stuff...no matter how honest...ive just seen alot of guys handle themselves poorly...and the buyer goes in for the kill 10 sales later the guy has exhausted himself and barely made a dime

heresa pic of a few of my areas i got shelved...i finally got all my shelfed stuff on excel...what a relief

fastredrider44
02-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by SRH

heresa pic of a few of my areas i got shelved...i finally got all my shelfed stuff on excel...what a relief

Smart man!

troyzstang
02-13-2010, 07:47 PM
gotta love excel. Do you have a set of nerf bars for a 300ex?

SRH
02-13-2010, 07:56 PM
haha i just got rid of a set,dg steel, stuff like that i generally set aside and throw on a wheeler i redo or something

heres a shot of a old 81 250r i just finished up...thing with these old dogs...no parts resale so you gotta clean them up good and sell them ...this one is actually all painted ...thing is most of the people i deal with only hold onto a wheeler for a month or two..then its sold ...or destroyed...or swapped...they dont clean or maintain them and when they do buy something they want something that looks new for next to nothing ive noticed each increment of 1,000 your class of people changes drastically, if i sold a newer 4 wheel drive...its like selling a pre owned honda to a office jockey...they pick out scratches...want mileage , hours etc... royal pita and these days anything over 2,000 is a hard sell

troyzstang
02-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Your right about that.

The economy has really slowed things down. Two years ago I could list a bike for sale and it was gone by the end of the day. Last Spring I had a whole garage full of bikes that were clean & ready to go. I damn near gave them away just to move them .

fasterblaster09
02-13-2010, 08:09 PM
bike-wise, I have bought and sold--

a 2004 400ex for $550, it smoked. Changed the rings and sold for $1800.

a 2004 400ex, needed "just" a wiring harness, ended up needing a starter and few odds and end, bought for $700, put $250 in it, and sold for $2100

a 1997 300ex, bought for $300, sold for $800

a 2003 400ex, for $200, needed timing chain, sold like I got it for $900.

a 1997 300ex for $1000, and sold for $1900.

car-wise--

1990 honda accord, $500/$1000
1991 honda accord, $1400/$2100
1994 honda civic hatchback, $2000/$3500
1996 mitsubishi eclipse spyder, $2500/ $3700
1993 civic hatchback, $1100/$1800
1997 Kawasaki zx9r, $800/$1900
1997 infiniti i30, $1800/$1800 (sister wrecked while I had it)
1990 ford mustang fastback, $700/$1100
1996 honda civic,$2500/ $2900
1996 honda civic with b16, $1000,$2100 (didnt even make it home before I sold it)
1991 acura integra, $1100/$1600
1996 honda accord, $1100/$2000
1999 ford contour, $1100/ currently selling for $2000.

not bad for a 19 year old? lol

troyzstang
02-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Like I said a few pages back " be careful It's addictive"
:D

fasterblaster09
02-13-2010, 09:04 PM
yes yes it is lol. I received a packet that I need to fill out and return for my used car dealers license so I have access to auctions for good deals, but that thing is CONFUSING, lots of words I don't understand lol

zack221
02-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I thought no one else done this lol. I bought a 400ex for $450 that supposedly needed a head gasket but it needed a few more things i ended up getting it running for about $200 and sold it for $1100 and it still needed about $200 in parts which i clearly stated so the buyer knew about it. It got me started thinking I might be able to make money off of it and plus im like most of you guys I do it because I like working on them and I get a thrill out of buying and selling lol. I have found a lot of good deals for under $500 which I could fix for $200 and sell for over a $1000. I am not trying to make a business out of it just make some money until I start working as a welder once I get out of school.

zack221
02-15-2010, 11:44 AM
troyzstang I love your toyota in the background that thing is sweet.

troyzstang
02-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Thanks
It's actually my wifes. She's also got a sweet 750 shadow that all custom.

She's spoiled too :D

zack221
02-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Can I meet your wife? lol jk man

zack221
02-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Can I meet your wife? lol jk man

honda250xrider
02-15-2010, 05:25 PM
i would like to find out where you guys find these deals, i would suspect local auctions i have never seen to many great deals on craigslist personally at lease none that jump out. I have looked to buy cheap quads or dirtbikes to repair and ride for awhile and possible sell with a minor profit but can never seem to find a great deal.

BuB400
02-15-2010, 06:26 PM
I buy things like this,

nastyrider17
02-15-2010, 06:39 PM
BuB400, Your pic doesn't work.

fasterblaster09
02-16-2010, 10:14 AM
I dont usually get things off of craigslist too much, because that's where I am trying to sell it. If they can't sell it on there, I probably wont either. So I have an add that Im looking for good reliable cheap vehicles. More than a few times, I had someone call me and they had their vehicle on craigslist for $3000-$3500, and I get it for $1000 or $1100 :p Just have to know how to talk to people. THen I sell them for about $2000 normally for a quick sale. With taxes, most people that dont have vehicles that are looking are looking in the $1500-$2300 price range

born2ride14
02-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Does anybody think i can make any money on this? 03 400ex slip on pipe, thats it, he wants a grand,

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/rvs/1603994975.html

i guess i could offer 800

rodeo#11
02-16-2010, 06:08 PM
id see what the lowest he would take on it would be and then go from there.. cleaned up and sold to the right person im sure you could sell that thing for atleast 1500.

Tommy Warren
02-16-2010, 07:09 PM
hes a motivated seller. and just moved meaning he probably just spent hundreds of thousands of dollars.....1000 is nothin to him right now. start at 500 cash but don't let him work you over 800;)

troyzstang
02-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by born2ride14
Does anybody think i can make any money on this? 03 400ex slip on pipe, thats it, he wants a grand,

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/rvs/1603994975.html

i guess i could offer 800

If i were you I would have already bought that one. I just sold a 2001 model for $1,400 and it was only listed for a day.

born2ride14
02-16-2010, 07:26 PM
ok i will see if i can hop on it, will check in later to let you know what happends

born2ride14
02-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Ok i didnt get the 400, which was good cause i just came up on this great deal a nice 2005 cr85 guess how much i payed

Exrider434
02-20-2010, 12:41 AM

trx310R#24
02-20-2010, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by born2ride14
Ok i didnt get the 400, which was good cause i just came up on this great deal a nice 2005 cr85 guess how much i payed

i got a 2003 kx100 for 350 really nice bike needed a shift rod the thing the shifter hooks on to... and it came with it haha sold it for 1200.

born2ride14
02-20-2010, 06:36 AM
nope 600

zack221
02-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Do these little bikes sell pretty well? Also has anyone bought a raptor to make money off of it? I found a newer model one I think its like an 04 or something it runs but it has to be rolled off. I could probably get it for 800. I am thinking it either needs the valves adjusted or it has low compression.