PDA

View Full Version : Mini Nitrous kit? Anyone use it???

JOHNDOE83
02-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Theres a mini nitrous kit on ebay for 40 bucks, they use it on pit bikes, pocket bikes, gokarts, scooters etc... Now, my question is, have any of you used this kit or one like it on anything ever. And how well did it work???

My theory is, and was slightly tested "some what", that even if the shot only lasted a few seconds and was a weak shot, it would be enough to make a drag race a little more intresting...

From what I see in the kit and what I know from a lil test I did the nitrous comes in co2 type containers and they are the same as regular whip cream charges for a whipped cream maker, you can buy them at certain grocery stores or select smoke shops... So I had a cream maker and 1 "nitrous cream charger" so to test it I started the riding mower and lifted the hood took of the filter and while riding the mower I sprayed the nitrous in the intake. RED NECK as hell I know, but it did kinda work it reved higher and went but lost the air/fuel mix to over spray or leaning out after a few seconds.

I have a easy way to install this using stock intake parts on a 400ex and really wanna test it on mine. The safe way to install this kit "IMO" to not hurt the motor or any thing crazy is to spray it into the airbox, without a filter, using a custom made or bought new "air lid filter" with the snorkel blocked off. It wouldnt be a direct shot and you could jet it rich enough to still ride with out nos, but on the spray I think you could pull some pretty good RPMs for atleast a good burst for drag racing...

What do you guys think? Ever use it? Would you try it? Open to all opinions.

JOHNDOE83
02-11-2010, 03:23 PM
To see what im talking about go to ebay and look up sneaky pete mini nitrous kit...

Also there was few youtube videos of people using this kit or one like it on pocket bikes and gopeds and it seemed to work but only enough to rev faster...

These guys did it best I think...not really but it worked also. and is funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7RX8YYpvLw

honda400ex2003
02-11-2010, 05:35 PM
i would much rather use something like boondockers or Boss or something like that before ever trying to use a whipped cream bottle. I have heard that the little bottles they sell on ebay would work decent for something like holeshots and such but i dont think you could get enough volume out of a bottle that small to make a difference for long enough to get any benefits from it. maybe 200 ft would be about it to get a boost from it. lol. give one a try and see how it works. steve

Motoman723
02-11-2010, 05:49 PM
haha that youtube video is per funny....creative yet kinda dumb lol

togup
02-11-2010, 08:40 PM
my brother has a small nitrous bottle on his drag quad its about 15" long and 2" diameter it is polished aluminum he calls it a sneaky pete . Im pretty sure he plumbed it "wet" so that it wouldnt effect the jetting when it run out of nitrous.

Big Jay
02-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Those Sneaky Pete bottles are only 10 OZ, and would need to be refilled all the time. If there is room for a 2 lb bottle, go with that.