PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions guys?

honda_man_300ex
01-23-2003, 05:22 PM
Hey guys my 300ex is blowing fuses like crazy and some times when i bipass it by sticking a wire were the fuses go i can feel a shock though the handlebars. but is doesn't do it all the time only so often. If you think you might know please tell me

GNCC#829
01-23-2003, 05:32 PM
What fuse is it blowing?

TRX_Thumper
01-23-2003, 05:57 PM
my brothers quadsport did this ....would shock you through the handlebars when you kicked it over...it was becasue a buncha of wires got melted into the muffler....the only ground the 300ex has is at the coil and the neg battery cable so check those grounds then pull off all the plastics and just check all the wires out

honda_man_300ex
01-24-2003, 05:33 AM
thanks for that suggestion and if any one else has suggestions put them on here or e-mail me at honda_man_300ex@hotmail.com.

Scott
01-24-2003, 11:01 PM
If you're popping fuses you've got either a short on a hot wire or maybe a bad ground. Check the harness out front to back and top to bottom. Look for pinched wires, broken insulation, melted insulation, or wires rubbing the frame. Tape them up and you should be good to go. Coat the exposed wire with dielectric grease before taping it or heat shrinking it to keep it from corroding.

And you NEVER want to bypass a fuse with a piece of wire, that's just asking for serious trouble. Fuses are a lot cheaper than a wiring harness.

honda_man_300ex
01-26-2003, 07:41 AM
Hey i think i found my short cause there was some wires showing on one of the ground wires that go to the coil. this would cause a fuse to blow wouldn't it? thanks any way.

REC
02-24-2003, 02:56 PM
Do you have a kill switch wired up and bolted to the bars?

I had a 250x years ago that would light me up if eveything got wet and I found that it was the kill switch.

later