PDA

View Full Version : Lectron Carb (help!!!)

rc3
01-23-2003, 05:10 PM
My buddy bought a lectron carb (41) for his 400ex, it will not sit upright because it is to tall and hit's his gas tank. Is there some sort of modification or bolt on adaptor if so, how much and where do you get it. Thanks!

01-23-2003, 05:41 PM
The ole lectron carb blues....lmao

Lectron carbs have to sit at a 1 o'clock position to fit right..yes that's correct..the carb has to mount up crooked to fit.. He' probably gonna have to make an adapter to mount his airbox 1 to 1.5 inches closer to the carb too for it all to mount up correctly. I'm not talkin outa ma arse here either..the carb has to be mounted tilted to the side for it to work properly and it is shorter than a stock 400ex carb that's why you have to move the complete aribox and airboot forward.. Also if he does not have long vent tubes he will need to get some,,if not the carb will leak gas all over the motor. And another thing,,he'll need to take teh carb apart about 1 time every 2 months to clean it..if not it the slide will stick and possible cause him injuries.. It has to be taken apart and cleaned often,,,and it will also take him about 8 months to get fully familiear and comfortable with makin the POS work properly. Oh and one last think,,if he has problems with it not wanting to idle..that's normal.. :eek: Dang and one more thing,,he'll need to grind out the throttle stop inside the throttle housing on the bars for the carb to open 100%... Good luck..:huh

01-23-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Rico
The ole lectron carb blues....lmao

Lectron carbs have to sit at a 1 o'clock position to fit right..yes that's correct..the carb has to mount up crooked to fit.. He' probably gonna have to make an adapter to mount his airbox 1 to 1.5 inches closer to the carb too for it all to mount up correctly. I'm not talkin outa ma arse here either..the carb has to be mounted tilted to the side for it to work properly and it is shorter than a stock 400ex carb that's why you have to move the complete aribox and airboot forward.. Also if he does not have long vent tubes he will need to get some,,if not the carb will leak gas all over the motor. And another thing,,he'll need to take teh carb apart about 1 time every 2 months to clean it..if not it the slide will stick and possible cause him injuries.. It has to be taken apart and cleaned often,,,and it will also take him about 8 months to get fully familiear and comfortable with makin the POS work properly. Oh and one last think,,if he has problems with it not wanting to idle..that's normal.. :eek: Dang and one more thing,,he'll need to grind out the throttle stop inside the throttle housing on the bars for the carb to open 100%... Good luck..:huh

sounds like a good carb:huh

wilkin250r
01-23-2003, 05:51 PM
Nice carb, where can I get me one of those :square

honda250xrider
01-23-2003, 05:53 PM
chad told me about how he made spacers for the gas tank to sit up higher so the carb can fit in there straight up. i did this and i havnt had any trouble with it, yes the lectron is a pain at first but i think it is a very good carb once u get it dailed in

01-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Well the carbs add some nice HP gains but reinvinting the wheel to get it to work is not worth my time.. The biggest marketing scheme they have is the "no jetting required" phrase..and that is correct..they don't tell you that you'll spend half your life getting it to run correctly without the jets like most carbs.. I could trade my stock carb in on a brand new one and throw in $125 but I don't think so...:blah

three letters for ya........................FCR.:macho

wilkin250r
01-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Can you just take a ball-pein hammer to the bottom of the gas tank where it makes contact? :huh

flattracker
01-24-2003, 05:13 AM
install the carb at a angle about 1 o'clock position so the cable will not be in a bind.
i run mine that way with no problems. also
you can take the rubber spacers off the bottom
of the seat the ones up front and place them under the tank, it raises the tank up so the carb. will be upright not at a angle. letron carb are great as long as you us TC'c metering rod so easy the dial in...

ChadEXer
01-24-2003, 08:14 AM
Some people make Lectrons sound like they are straight from a horror story and thats why people are so afraid of them! I have hands on experience with them, and matter of fact just got through riding a minute ago with it on my bike, and for the price and power you get from a Lectron, the carb cant be beat,,,AT ALL!! Yeah there are some mods necessary to make it fit but they all have an easy fix and it only took me a few minutes to get my carb installed. Just have a few needles and try them til you find the right one,,,it takes 2 minutes to change a needle, very unlike most carbs! And i have found the needle that not only makes mine idle damned good, but pulls so hard the hair will fall off your balls!! Mine still has a tad but of hesitation at first throttle but Im going do do a little turning of the needle when it warms up a little and fix that!!!

The fact is, i have done every means of reasearching Lectrons possible before I installed mine on my bike, and 95% of bad things you hear about Lectrons are by people who dont or never have owned one, the 5% that have problems, well those are the people that dont have any clue on how to work on their bike,,,,,and Im sorry if your into racing and are looking for a carb and other things to make your bike go faster,, then you should learn how to do a little wrenching on it!! Very easy!!!

flattracker
01-24-2003, 08:21 AM
i totally agree with ChadEXer.....

Extremeracer167
01-24-2003, 08:46 AM
FCR:rolleyes: My best frint has a Lectron so when he works on it, i pretty much work on it, so i guess u could say i have one or dealt with one enough to have one. And i think they are garbage. I took it up to TC he adjusted it, and told me that i shouldnt have to adjust it that much. Well the thing is still a piece of poo! And my other buddy has one for a 250R with a powerjet, and that thing works better if the dang powerjet is clogged!!! Screw the cleaning all the time with the slide thats bout 1/4 inch thick. Not worth a dime if u ask me. I will prob. be selling one for a 250R here shortly, if anyone wants it!;) :D

ChadEXer
01-24-2003, 10:18 AM
I dont know why people cant get a Lectron to work for them,,its the easiest carb on the market to tune,,,and as far as cleaning goes, when they are saying "cleaning" they are making it sound like you have to rip apart the carb and clean every little piece, but they are just refering to lubing the slide every now and then to make sure it opens and closes smoothly,,,very easy to do!! And I have had gas sitting in my Lectron for 4 months now and still havent had to lube("clean") mine!