PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale wheels fit ex???

400exBro
01-23-2003, 04:05 PM
I am wondering will the cannondale (front and rear) rims fit my ex??? i now the offset is different which could change the handling of my ex, right??

i am wondering becuase if i get a dale this spring i want to keep the hipers and put them on the dale... i am in the process of buying some through C&D, i wanted to know so i can make sure that they do fit...

thanks

Sparks425Ex
01-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Yes they will fit and yeah it will affect your handling.

400exBro
01-23-2003, 06:13 PM
how bad are we talking here?????

i don t know how long i will be riding with them but i am sure 3-4 months...........

bradley300
01-24-2003, 08:23 AM
yes, both front and rears will bolt up. the fronts will not affecet handleing but, the dale rears have a wider offset (making the ex wider) so i geuss it would help a little. just dont switch them. honde rears on a dale makes it way to narrow.

400exBro
01-24-2003, 10:36 AM
thanks then i will order some dale tires for my ex and then switch em over when i get a dale

Ex'r Marlin
01-24-2003, 04:06 PM
Yeah, the bolt pattern is the same on the Cannondale as the 400ex.

You can get the different aluminum center for your HiPer rims when you get the Cannondale too!:cool: I do not know what the offset is on the Cannondale, but after seeing HiPers on a Cannondale, I am guessing about an additional inch and a half more per rim than the Honda's.

400exBro
01-24-2003, 05:05 PM
ya i know...

i love those hiper rims.. they look trick, especailly with red coloured enforced ring....

one thing tho, should i get the mud cap that hiper offer???

thanks

Ex'r Marlin
01-26-2003, 01:24 AM
As for mud guards, they seem to be quite expensive for what they are, but I wish I had them. I hear riders say that they would recommend the mud guards for the rear, but not so much for the fronts.

Note: I had my valve stem of my rear HiPer rim sheared off by another riders foot peg while racing... I think the mud guards would have avoided this mishap.

400exBro
01-26-2003, 06:28 AM
alright thanks, i will get a set for the rear tires...

thanks again

Sparks425Ex
01-26-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
the fronts will not affecet handleing

Please Explain how they will not affect handling.

When you make somthing wider that is affecting handling. Weather it will be good or bad.

Affect: Does not have to be a bad thing. Affect just means to change. In this case it means to change for the better.

By putting offset rims on your quad it wil affect handling But ina good way. It is just like adding longer a arms. You make itswider and it turns easier with out wheels coming off the ground.

But one bad affectr will be bumpsteer. You may not notice it much but it will be there.