PDA

View Full Version : got hit this mornin

dns1764
02-09-2010, 08:03 AM
some clown decided to be a m******* and not let me merge when it dropped down to one lane. but being an even bigger m******* in my truck i wouldnt take no for an answer. my f150 on the left, his p.o.s. on the right...and bam. couple scratches and the plastic coner on my bumper flew off and got run over. luckily a cop was driving by and said the other guy was at fault. so i can fix my truck for under $100...but how much would a fender cost to repaint...i need some quad money

derekhonda
02-09-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm not buying it. He was in his lane, you were in a lane that was disappearing, a cop saw the accident and ruled you not at fault. Unless this guy was seriously just matching you speeding up and braking, there is no way it was his fault. Did you not see the signs that your lane was ending or were you just trying to race to the front of the pack and cut in?

dns1764
02-09-2010, 08:58 AM
clarification...i was in the lane, he was in the brakedown lane

derekhonda
02-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Makes sense now. As for the paint, maaco could probably do it for $200 bucks, or it could be upwards or 6 or 800 to have it done right probably.

fastredrider44
02-09-2010, 09:32 AM
You will probably have to have an insurance adjuster take a look. The insurance companies frown upon the individual bringing in their own quote.

dns1764
02-09-2010, 09:35 AM
what the insurance company doesnt know...plus i can do it myself for $70.

dns1764
02-09-2010, 09:38 AM
and why is m.a.s.s. h.o.l.e. * out.

derekhonda
02-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
You will probably have to have an insurance adjuster take a look. The insurance companies frown upon the individual bringing in their own quote.

I think the idea is, he's gonna get a check from the other guys insurance company for a couple hundred bucks. He wants to get it fixed for 1 or 200 and then pocket the rest.

fastredrider44
02-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I think the idea is, he's gonna get a check from the other guys insurance company for a couple hundred bucks. He wants to get it fixed for 1 or 200 and then pocket the rest.

I know the idea of it, but the insurance companies around here have to have a legitimate figure from an adjuster or body shop before they write a check, even if you don't even plan on fixing it or fixing it yourself.

Tommy Warren
02-09-2010, 05:26 PM
try colorworksusa.com and see if there is a company in your area. I used to work for them and we drive to your house and paint it in your driveway from a van. should be $150 at the most. they mix your paint on the spot and if it doesn't match you can have them redo it for free until it does:devil:

slightlybent47
02-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Take it to a body shop and get a quote. You need at least two or even three and the insurance will pick the cheapest one. They will do it fo free and it’s in the shops on interest to keep it low so they may get the job. That’s why it’s a pain in the *** when you get in a wreck it’s not the wreck but all the crap that goes with it.
When you get your check then its up to you to get it done, you don’t have to fix it but there will be a record and if you wreck it again you cant clam the old damage in with the new wreck,