PDA

View Full Version : Should I stroke it?

Muzzgit
02-08-2010, 11:26 PM
My bike is in bits at the workshop while they replace a heap of worn out gears. The engine has a hi comp piston (406 I think), stage 2 cam and ported head.

Is it worth having a stroker crank put in while it's in peices? Does it make enough difference? We ride either trails or dunes, and I'm lacking the power in the big dunes.

Also, if anyone can help, after some mud riding my seat was pretty dirty so I scrubbed it with a cloth and some truck wash. Now it's so slippery I keep slipping off.

Anyone know how I fix it?

slightlybent47
02-09-2010, 02:52 AM
Yes “Constantly” Stroke it at all times.

Muzzgit
02-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Yes “Constantly” Stroke it at all times.

That's why I should be wearing glasses, and have hair on the palms of my hands. te he

Motoman723
02-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Has stroking ever failed before? :p

Muzzgit
02-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Motoman723
Has stroking ever failed before? :p

Whilst I admit to nothing and claim the fifth, there may have been, on one or more occasion, an instance when my state of inebriation has had a negative impact on my ability to perform certain functions, amongst other things....... speech, walking, being amazed why there would be carpet on the wall, and an inability to find a bucket. Oh, and a few other functions, ahem.

But I digress !

What about my bike?

Motoman723
02-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Haha oh right the bike. If it were me I would have the bike stroked. It's a great way to make tons of power and keep a very reliable motor if done right. I think there is a on here with a 452 stroker or something on that sort. If it were me I would PM him or something. An most important have fun strokin ;)

dalejiw25
02-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Hey,Quiet down.... I think I saw the Dog Winkin at ya :blah:

Wheelie
02-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Since the cases are split, now is as good time as any to have a stroker crank installed.

Check out www.powroll.com for a killer 440 stroker setup. Very reliable and good power.

togup
02-09-2010, 07:50 PM
you think that seat is slippery now wait till you stroke it( no pun intended,well maybe a little bit). try degreaser it breaks waxes down