PDA

View Full Version : 400ex cam

jelrod05
02-08-2010, 08:53 PM
i have a stage one and was wanting a little more out of the quad i have a stock 400 motor besides hmf slip on and k and n filter would i be better to get a stage 2 or back to a stock cam, my brother in law has same quad with nothing done besides pipe and filter and he will pull away from me on the top end

lester985
02-08-2010, 09:37 PM
stage 1 is for low end and stage 2 is more for mid and top end

UNBROKEN
02-08-2010, 09:53 PM
than ure bro in law can either outride you or has diffrent gearing or hes bull****in you on whats dont to his quad , cuz a stage one hotcam is more agressive than the stock cam its a good all around cam

jelrod05
02-09-2010, 08:07 AM
i have worked on his quad and it is stock same gearing and all i can beat him in a field but on the road he will pull away from me

CarGuy7a
02-09-2010, 03:02 PM
If anything YOU should be pulling away from him.

My buddy's EX is piped and K&N filtered rejetted, and mine is the same with the exception of the FMF hi flo headers and Hotcam stage1, and a modified stock carb, when we race and we both hit 3rd gear I can get a whole quad jump on him.

togup
02-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by jelrod05
i have worked on his quad and it is stock same gearing and all i can beat him in a field but on the road he will pull away from me

if you can beat him in a field your probably getting better traction than him but on the pavement hes putting it to the ground more efficiently , check your clutch its possible your slipping because of the road grip or check your jetting you did rejet after the cam and slip on right?
finally check your compression after all it is an 03 correct?