PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Qwik Silver Gas Overflowing

CaliLifeStyle
02-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey all, I have a Doug Eichner signature series carb and I am having some problems with it. I haven't ridden my bike in a couple of years because of my job as a Marine Corps Drill Instructor. I recently bought a new battery and changed out the oil and fuel. I also changed the plug. At first I couldn't get any fuel through the carb. I took off the inlet valve that connects to the tank and cleaned it out and put it back. I was able to get the bike started afterwards, but gas started pouring out of the overflow so I had to shut the fuel off. Is there anything I can troubleshoot here? I am a novice with carbs, but I am mechanically inclined. Can someone help me figure this out? Maybe a float is stuck? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot. -G

riotact
02-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Take the carb apart and clean it out really good.You have a peice of dirt stuck in the needle valve that is attached to the float keeping it open and not shutting off the fuel.After you do this you will be good to go.

lester985
02-08-2010, 03:37 PM
im not trying to be a *** but throw that thing away and get a fcr i just gave mine away

CaliLifeStyle
02-08-2010, 08:50 PM
I've had the Edelbrock for a few years. I like it. My budget won't allow for a new one right now.

To clean it, what should I use? I think the plunger is clogged. I took it apart, but I'm hesitant to clean it with just anything.

lester985
02-08-2010, 09:35 PM
use some carb cleaner

bkelley
02-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by lester985
im not trying to be a *** but throw that thing away and get a fcr i just gave mine away It's all about personal opinion. Some people say the same about FCR carbs.

But back on topic, take it apart and hit it good with some carb cleaner. Make sure to clean all the jets and adjustments.

CaliLifeStyle
02-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks. Appreciate the help.