PDA

View Full Version : Skydiving Question

jesseweaver
02-08-2010, 01:38 PM
ill be 18 in march and i plan on going skydiving in may or as soon as it gets warm enough. im gonna go to maytown, in PA. its $220 for a tandem jump from 10,000 feet. i was wondering what all you have to do to be able to jump by yourself then eventually?

ATVMX33
02-08-2010, 01:44 PM
i did the tandem at maytown in november...it was great!!!
they are really into it there and will be able to answer any questions... if you really like it then you can do the solo jump but there is no freefall, but you work up to that then..the jumps are alot cheaper after you get youre first solo down too

jesseweaver
02-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
i did the tandem at maytown in november...it was great!!!
they are really into it there and will be able to answer any questions... if you really like it then you can do the solo jump but there is no freefall, but you work up to that then..the jumps are alot cheaper after you get youre first solo down too

yea thats what i was thinking cause it said you can jump solo first time from 3000 feet and no freefall. and i saw once you can jump by yourself its 18.50 to go to 10,000 feet and +/- $1 for every 1,000 feet so it'd be a decently cheap hobby if you compare it to spending $150+ for riding for a weekend.

Sjorge450R
02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Well, I jumped from 13,500 tandem back in October and first off, it was a blast.

As far as what you have to go through to jump solo, it depends on the place. I have heard of some people jumping solo the first jump (i would assume very dangerous)

The place I went, you have to do three tandem jumps each within a month of each other and then you take a class and then you jump by yourself on the 4th jump. When you jump the 4th time, you jump out right with an instructor.

jesseweaver
02-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
Well, I jumped from 13,500 tandem back in October and first off, it was a blast.

worth $220?

Sjorge450R
02-08-2010, 02:25 PM
I only paid 189 but yeah, its worth 220. I am going back this summer so that I can jump solo. You cant do what you want free falling tandem and that takes away from the free fall feeling. I cant wait to jump solo so i can do what every the hell you want lol.