PDA

View Full Version : pv or no pv ????

250rRyan
02-08-2010, 11:27 AM
I'M looking to upgrade my R top end. I've got my mind set on 310 or 330 kit. I want something that will easily beat a build 4poker. Im tring to stay away from rebuilding my bottom end.
I talked to a few aftermarket companies on there bolt on kits
They all offer power valve kits. I've never rode an r with a pv. I talked to couple machine shops and they really don't care for the pv. They say stick the money elts ware in the build. Is there enough differents in a pv over an non pv to get one or just save the extra cash. Thank you.

Honda 250r 001
02-08-2010, 12:21 PM
powervalve just softens the "hit" and spreads the power band a little. Does not make any more top hp though. Cant make any reccomendations really, other than ducan racings pv are better than esr's. But iwth a little tuning of the spring, esr's can be just fine.

250rPRIDE
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
you have to tell us what type of riding you mostly do. pv are great for mx and woods riding and for others that like a hard hitting powerband, but if you drag race, dune, or ride faster areas, most of the time a pv is not necassary. i have never owned one because i didnt need it but i have rode a few with a pv on the trail and wooooow! they are fun.. ha
its all up to you.

deathman53
02-08-2010, 02:28 PM
both of mine are pv's, I like it much better. Come out of corner high and it doesn't bog and make little power, instead it will lag somewhat with a pv. It is also smoother, the tighter the tension on the spring, the more it takes to open the pv. Basically higher tension= more bottom end. Your pipe, carb and reeds will effect it somewhat also. On my atc, I use a mid-top end pipe and it was still like "tractor" mode 2 stroke with the spring with a fair amount of tension on it and when I reached enough rpm's to fully open the pv, it ripped even more and kept pulling. If you are a pipey 2 stroke rider, reduce the spring tension to very little for when you want it like so, drag racing, hill climbs and such. Return the tension back to high when doing woods and mx riding.

250rRyan
02-08-2010, 02:34 PM
I do little bit of everything but little more woods and hill climbs. I want to get back into local mx tracks and Ice racing. I can't afford 2 or 3 R's for differents types of racing so I'm trying to get the best set up for all around .

250rPRIDE
02-08-2010, 04:30 PM
for your styles of riding i would go with the pv for sure. as others stated you can adjust for different styles easily. you should be very pleased with it.

jas250r
02-08-2010, 04:55 PM
made the choice of a pv last year. i like it a lot more. easier to ride in woods and ice racing. i like for duning to. doesn't wear u out as much. spend the cash and get a pv. you'll be happy

Burns310r
02-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by jas250r
made the choice of a pv last year. i like it a lot more. easier to ride in woods and ice racing. i like for duning to. doesn't wear u out as much. spend the cash and get a pv. you'll be happy

What kind pv did you get

baker250r
02-09-2010, 07:04 PM
anybody know where u can get different tension springs for the ESR powervalves?

Ruf Racing
03-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by baker250r
anybody know where u can get different tension springs for the ESR powervalves?

Just talked to Tom at ESR, They have a couple different tension
springs to choose from.