PDA

View Full Version : updated pics of build

Studster
02-07-2010, 09:58 PM
motor is out tranny gettin fixed here is a pic of my budget 400ex front end conversion homemade shock relocator...waiting on tie rods (front rims are flipped just for the picture not sure if im going to go with it tho)

Studster
02-07-2010, 09:59 PM

QuadCobbler
02-10-2010, 07:05 PM
I started out with my relocator the same way as yours but found it was better to move the top of the shocks in to about where your two peices are welded together. My shocks mount about 3/4" out from the original widith on each side. and the the height from the old mounting hole to the new one is about 4" + - 1/4".
It looks like you got the height right though. either way it looks good though

Studster
02-11-2010, 12:48 AM
thanks its not bad for leaving the measurements i wrote down in the garage then making this at work guessing the measurements lol turned out well i think wouldnt have changed a thing... shocks are mounted out 1 3/4 from stock holes and raised 3 inches higher.. just figured the stock shocks are 3 inches shorter... havnt rode it yet but havnt even rode it stock for that matter.. since then i have cut the stock plastic mount and welded on the tabs to the top of the shock mount