PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a place to take young kids riding

techy
02-07-2010, 08:10 PM
We are trying to plan a vacation to some place where the kids can ride. We have a 5, 8 and 10 year old that are very good riders. We typically ride on private land in Ohio but are looking to find a bigger place that is kid friendly. I appreciate your help!

smr
02-08-2010, 05:56 AM
land between the lakes in western Ky is a good place. Not only do you have ATV riding but there is lots to do in the area.

Both my kids grew up riding there and it's a great place for a family. The kids can ride the main trail and you can find some more challanging trails when they are not around.

techy
02-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Hey thanks! Can you recommend a good place to stay that is close to the trails? I am looking for a place where we can ride our atvs from lodge to the trail head. I do not want to trailer them if at all possible.

Thanks again!

smr
02-08-2010, 11:32 AM
they don't have anything but primitive camping on sight.

There is a place about 5 miles down the road that rents cabins.

techy
02-08-2010, 08:15 PM
That's OK...I guess we will have to trailer as my wife is not too fond of tents. :) Do you have an address or something to help me find the trail head?

Thanks!

techy
02-09-2010, 09:01 PM
I see you tried to pm but my mailbox was full. It is cleaned out now. I appreciate any details you can provide.

Thanks!

dan harris
02-10-2010, 06:39 AM
Come check out the Breezewood Proving Grounds in South Central PA. We love Kids and have an awesome kids mx track, a pee wee track and a 3 mile woods trail. Swimming, horseshoes, volleyball and a huge sandbox all make for a great family environment.

We also have great heated and airconditioned two story cabins right at the park. Check out our website at www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com

smr
02-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by techy
That's OK...I guess we will have to trailer as my wife is not too fond of tents. :) Do you have an address or something to help me find the trail head?

Thanks!

www.lbl.org Just follow the trails link. I would sugest renting a cabin at wranglers camp. They have a restrant and store there also. Or you could get a room at Barkley lodge. It's really nice and they have a pool.

If you decide to go let me know and I'll try to meet you there with my kids and give you a tour.