PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

krazykenny01
02-07-2010, 05:30 PM
HELLO GUYS. IM NEW TO THIS MINI QUAD THING. BEEN AROUND QUADS MY WHOLE LIFE THOUGH. JUST BOUGHT MY 7 YR OLD BOY A TYPHOON 90. HE WANTS TO START RACING.. AFTER I SPENT MANY WEEKS ON THE INTERNET READING ALL THESE COMMENTS FROM YOU ALL DECIDED THE BEST THING TO DO WAS GET A TYPHOON, PUT A LITTLE MONEY IN IT.INSTEAD OF SHELLING OUT ALOT MORE FOR SOME OF THE OTHER BRANDS. ITS BRAND NEW BUT ITS A 2007 MODEL,MUST HAVE BEEN SITTING IN A WAREHOUSE FOR A WHILE.SO GOT IT CHEAP.. I SEEN THERE IS SOME ISSUES WITH THE FRAMES BREAKING??? AND ALSO HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU GET THIS 3 AND 4TH GEAR THING??? IVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR INFO ON IT AND HAVE SEEN SEVERAL POSTS ABOUT IT BUT NO EXACT WAY TO DO IT. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT...

lem dad
02-07-2010, 06:52 PM
If you PM me I have the info from xtreme on gear change it is easy I can copy it and send you a copy as far as frame breakage my boy has put his through the mill and no broken frame I would gusset and weld it all into one at top and lower rear these can be a good quad some people just give them a bad rap

Rowlands Motorsports

Ride1Rob
02-08-2010, 01:00 AM
I agree with Lemdad 100%. There were alot of negatives I heard when I got Jams Typhoon. Think most was because of the knockoffs falling apart and the 06 Typhoons did have frame issues. We've had VERY good success building the Typhoon and it's cheaper to run the Drr/Apex machines. What kind of racing is your boy going to be doing and what are your limitations? As far as the 90cc engine Hondo (Russ) knows those motors like the back of his hand. Shoot him a PM.