PDA

View Full Version : ATV verses side by side

mudhound7
02-07-2010, 03:49 PM
I am now 46 years old. I have been riding since I was about 15 years old. I started out on a Kawasaki 90cc. I currently own a Kawasaki Prairie 300 ATV. I have had this one for the past 8 years.

I am thinking hard about getting a side by side. But, I wonder how they would do as compared to the ATV on mountain trails. My normal riding consists of hills and valleys associated with old strip mines. Some trails I’m on are somewhat narrow.

Please help me decide.

smr
02-08-2010, 06:09 AM
This is an interesting story.

Several years ago (about 2003) me and a buddy took off from work to go riding in the middle of the week. We show up at our favorite riding area only to find Yamaha there testing a new machine. (they use this area often during the week). Low and behold it was the Rhino. Well we followed it around most of the day just watching and keeping our distants. Finally one of the guys came up to us and asked our opion. Well I fell in love with it. I realized this is the machine of the future for the average trail rider.

Now....7 years later, I have spent a lot of time on the rhino and rzr. I love both.

dns1764
02-08-2010, 09:33 AM
well we have golf carts at work and we take the things offroading all the time behing the warehouses. it is a blast. a sxs must be 100x the fun. plus they have many more uses than an atv if you have some land.

on the otherhand atvs are faster and easier to fit down tight trails and go through deep mud.

One_Bad_400
02-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by smr
This is an interesting story.

Several years ago (about 2003) me and a buddy took off from work to go riding in the middle of the week. We show up at our favorite riding area only to find Yamaha there testing a new machine. (they use this area often during the week). Low and behold it was the Rhino. Well we followed it around most of the day just watching and keeping our distants. Finally one of the guys came up to us and asked our opion. Well I fell in love with it. I realized this is the machine of the future for the average trail rider.

Now....7 years later, I have spent a lot of time on the rhino and rzr. I love both.

thats pretty neat you found the first wild rhino! lol.

I would love to have one for camping trips, desert, beach, dunes. Once i figure out i need a roll cage, i'm all for getting one. Just not yet ;) i still like to go fast.

I would love to just throw a tent, cooler, axe, and friends into a Rhino and just go. one day, one day

gcart2
02-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Just curious... why not both. save up if thats the issue. if you have one, you will miss the other.

just my two cents.

mudhound7
02-09-2010, 04:31 AM
Thanks for your replies.
I really liked the story about finding the first wild rhinos.
I have thought about keeping two off road vehicles. But, currently storage is an issue. Plus, the wife thinks I have too many toys already.
Plus, IMO, I hate having something I am not getting use of. If I do not wear or use a certain items I may very well give sale, or other wise do away with it.
I have made exceptions for some items like tools, camping equipment, and other like items.