PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Guys

rodeo#11
02-07-2010, 02:57 PM
alright guys so I started playing about 2 months ago and I'm pretty much teaching myself.. Right now the only songs i have learned are, Intro to - nothing else matters, intro to stairway to heaven, and nutshell by alice in chains... I'm just lookin for some good beginner songs? If anyone knows some feel free to toss em up!

slightlybent47
02-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Most of the old rock is good to learn on. Start with some ac/dc, Black Sabbath, Ted Nugent, Black Foot, Doobie Brothers, Nazareth, Neil Young, 38 Special, Triumph, Tom Petty. All those good three cord bands, they have lots of good easy songs to learn. They have good basic power cords and are good at getting you moving up and down the neck.

300extreme#8
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
The best to start is AC DC.

slightlybent47
02-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Find a book and learn to read tab. It’s not like reading music and a lot easier. They have most any songs you want to learn on tab. It will show you where to put your fingers and what fret to put them on. You can learn lead to any song you want, note for note.

rodeo#11
02-07-2010, 06:05 PM
alright thanks guys! im slowly learning all this stuff but for self teaching i think im doing pretty good..appreciate all the suggestions keep em coming!

m0t0xk1d
02-07-2010, 07:29 PM
a good amp. you want a good amp. marshall or spyder 3. get tux guitar (http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/download.html) it is basically i guitar pro for free. just go to 911tabs.net and look for guitar pro files of the select song you want then open it with tux guitar it will playback to song and you have it in tabs and if you can read music.

416exfreak
02-08-2010, 08:23 AM
^^^ random, hard to break up and read post.

His amp only matters if the tone he gets isn't what he wants. For learning, the amp that comes with many starter packs will suffice fine.

As for beginner songs, just listen to the radio. When you hear something you like and wanna know how to play it, just learn it.

Guitar playing is all time and practice. With enough of each, you'll turn into Slash!:devil:

I've been playing 10 years, and the first thing I ever learned how to play was the intro to Enter Sandman, then I learned Hells Bells by ACDC.

rodeo#11
02-08-2010, 10:20 AM
well its a acoustic electric guitar so i cant hammer down most of the heavy rock stuff. lol if you guys know any simple acoustic songs throw em out there.

416exfreak
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Is anyone out there- Pink Floyd.

Sounds soooo trippy and hard to play, but if you know a few simple chords, its like butter.

Also, anything my jack johnson, some keith urban, Hank Jr., Toby Keith... pretty much any country song sounds good on an acoustic.

lol.. i play mostly country and blues on my acoustic.. sorry.:macho

slightlybent47
02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
As far as amps go the best amp for the money is a Line 6 spider 2-12 stereo amp. Plenty loud and it has all the fx you could ever need, plus it has line out so if you want to patch it into a PA mixer board you can. Awesome amp.

The best thing that will help you is to try to find someone in you area that will show you some things that you may not figure out on your own. There are a lot of songs that are so simple to do and once someone shows it to you and that light goes off and suddenly you get.
Find someone and bug the crap out of them, and play every day at least 30 minuets.
Make a recording of your best stuff and tuck it away, then in 2 months play it back and you will see just how far you have come. Learning to play is just like everything else, you will improve and you may feel like you hit a wall and cant get better but just keep going and you will work through it.

Good luck.

slightlybent47
02-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Give me a few days and I’ll try to come up with some easy stuff for ya.
I’ll try to sit down tonight play something and that might remind me of some songs.

rodeo#11
02-08-2010, 06:36 PM
alright guys thanks for all the responses.. i found some dashboard confessional songs that weren't to hard. The tuning on them was a little trippy at first but sounded good in the end.. then i played a little House of the rising sun, was a fun song for sure lol

trx310R#24
02-08-2010, 06:43 PM
youtube.com -look up how to read tabs

slightlybent47
02-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Here is a few for you to try, most of these are very easy, don’t wary about the intros and trying to get fancy just strum along with the cords. These are all just basic cords and bar cords.

Three Doors Down - be like that
Deep Purple – smoke on the water
Ted Nugent – snake skin cowboys
Doobie Brothers – china grove - listen to the music
Nazareth – hair of the dog - miss misery
Neil Young – just chose any song you want there all good
Off Spring – self esteem – come out and play
Ozzy Ozborne – electric funeral – iron man – fairies wear boots – hand of doom
Bad Company – can’t get enough – holly water – the boys are back in town
Bob Seger – still the same
Pink Floyd – Pigs on the wing (part one)

rodeo#11
02-08-2010, 08:12 PM
thanks slightlybent! these will help alot man thanks for taking the time to get these.

slightlybent47
02-08-2010, 08:44 PM
No problem, glad to do it. I had fun going through those old songs. If they are too hard and you need something easer let me know and I’ll see if I can come up with something.
I’ve been playing for 35 years so there old hat to me.

muddy400EX
02-11-2010, 02:29 PM
guitar dudes im thinking of selling my guitar and am wondering if any of you could tell me about how much i could get out of it?

ibanez RG ($300) black
line 6 spider 3 amp ($100)
ibanez weeping demon wah pedal($70)

all parts were bought brand new, and about a year old