PDA

View Full Version : motor mount Q.

LONG-ROD
02-07-2010, 01:05 PM
what do u guys think of not running the rear motor mount. the one the pivot bolt runs through. my new swing arm wont allow it..

deathman53
02-07-2010, 01:16 PM
you need it, many weld 2 tabs to the bottom frame rail and thats goes to the bottom rear motor mount. ALL the motor mounts should be used, the headstay is questionable, but some don't put a bolt through it to the head and its just for extra frame support. I use all the motor mounts and no problems. I didn't use the headstay on my atc and I had problems later on.

LONG-ROD
02-07-2010, 01:22 PM
ummm. guess I have some more work to do.. wont run a head stay .. never have..

red88r
02-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
you need it, many weld 2 tabs to the bottom frame rail and thats goes to the bottom rear motor mount. ALL the motor mounts should be used, the headstay is questionable, but some don't put a bolt through it to the head and its just for extra frame support. I use all the motor mounts and no problems. I didn't use the headstay on my atc and I had problems later on.

x2

I had a very bad crash back in 99 racing mx and broke my stock head stay in half! Then went and bought a Laeger's. Not running all the motor mounts I think is the main reason for my 87 frame motor mounts being all broke. Not running a headstay and running a 88-89 swingarm on a 87. All damage done by previous owner. That is why I run them all=no problems.

86 Quad R
02-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by deathman53

i'll 3rd that!!!!!