PDA

View Full Version : emergency ignition bypass help needed

vindell
02-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Ignition switch wire harness connector, two of the six wires came out, cannot seem to fit my big hands in there to get em back in, kids are killing me. Its a 06 drr50 chassis. what is the process to eliminate the keyed ignition.

mini racer #39
02-07-2010, 11:33 AM
unplug it and kickstart it

vindell
02-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Tried it, the diagram on gforce to eliminate key switch did not work either, kid's are more than bummed. No spark. od the six wires matched, figured the blue to yellow, ( the two that did not match should be the two that that ger=t conected) Still no spark. Ran fine two days ago?

vindell
02-10-2010, 04:19 AM
Always look toward the simple solution, One of my employees loaded the quad into my truck the day prior to my issue w/ the ignition. Three hours later I gave up and told the kids sorrry no riding today. Woke up arounf 3AM, and thought what about the kill switch lanard on the rear of the Quad. Sure enough it was off in the rear of the truck, plugged it in and it fired right up......

LT80
02-10-2010, 11:56 AM
That's funny. :)

I misjudged the gate dropping at Red Bud and got my quad all sideways in the gate. Had to pick the quad up and twist it to get it out. I kicked and kicked..Then I hear..."PLUG THE TETHER IN!!!"
...fired right up...LOL