PDA

View Full Version : valve stem size? DWT rims...

800screws
02-07-2010, 07:42 AM
for dougals red label front rims...what valve stem size do they use?

eastside 400
02-07-2010, 12:12 PM
they use the smaller size stem i think its like .463 or whatever, the larger size is .6xx so just get the smaller size shortest stem you can get

400exrider707
02-08-2010, 04:54 PM
That must be why I had such a PITA of a time putting stems in the last set of douglas rims we bought new. I actually made the big ones fit though... One thing I wasn't impressed with was how the holes for the valve stems didn't seem to be cleaned up at all, they had fine metal shards that tore parts of the valve stem as it went in. Not cool.

sunco
02-14-2010, 04:17 PM
just got the wheels in a box. put the stems in & notice they were long 1 1/4" better go switch em while I'm thinking about it. hey i just put in new arms +2 on and the rims r 4-1 whats the width supposed to be? I haven't set it up completely. Is it 48? I dont think 50 anyway let me know if u do. 07 450r

400exrider707
02-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by sunco
just got the wheels in a box. put the stems in & notice they were long 1 1/4" better go switch em while I'm thinking about it. hey i just put in new arms +2 on and the rims r 4-1 whats the width supposed to be? I haven't set it up completely. Is it 48? I dont think 50 anyway let me know if u do. 07 450r

Depends on your suspension setup and camber adjustments. Make sure you have someone else measure it with you sitting on the bike. You should be 2" wider overall if you were running a stock wheel before this.

sunco
02-16-2010, 05:12 AM
should be +4. two on each side. We have to set the front end up, haven't done that yet just puttin the stuff on. Trying to get two quads ready.

Dad & the son working together :cool: Ya'll know easy that is.

400exrider707
02-16-2010, 02:01 PM
should be +4. two on each side. We have to set the front end up, haven't done that yet just puttin the stuff on. Trying to get two quads ready.

Dad & the son working together :cool: Ya'll know easy that is.

Should be +4. If he was running stock wheels, he just lost 2 inches with the new 4:1's because of the offset, but well worth it for the great increase in handling abilities. The sag setup of the suspension and the camber will play a role in overall width too.

sunco
02-17-2010, 03:19 PM
I got those 1 1/4" ones from the auto store - wrong don't use those. I stopped at the motorcycle (any) shop & he sold me stubby ones. Do over. better now then a flat later cause a rock or the mud ripped the rubber on the longer ones.

Yes to the smaller diameter

I never set up a front end before. I know how to spin things so they look close enough, but I gotta find out how to measure it properly so I'm good to go.

sunco
02-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Have you seen this done before? It somone elses quad but we should do this to keep the cheese out of our motors

sunco
02-17-2010, 03:23 PM
We switched plastics & are still working on it.

400exrider707
02-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Have you seen this done before? It somone elses quad but we should do this to keep the cheese out of our motors

Yes, a lot of guys have done that. Nothing new. I saw no point in it, because I always ran UNI filters, and the stock breather worked just fine with my UNI's. I would never run a K&N style like that again.