PDA

View Full Version : ported cylinder_best carb,jetts conbination?

250R_SV
02-06-2010, 12:18 PM
When you have a ported cylinder, what do you thing is the best size of carb, jets,reeds to use?? with oversize piston 67-68mm
comments ?

thanks!

86 Quad R
02-06-2010, 02:58 PM
depends on how/where you ride en what your engine likes for that particular riding. i'll set/match everything around that.... including the compression. :cool:

IcutMetl
02-07-2010, 09:22 AM
There's a ton of variables here, but if you do a search and read up on the subject, there are 2 very popular carbs coming up in discussions a lot; Keihin 35mm & 38mm airstriker. 35mm seems to be popular for smaller, milder motors, or guys that like a lot of bottom-mid snap and that ride in the woods a lot. the 38's seem to be popular on mid bore motors where mid-top range is of most concern or big bores where low to mid is important- I have a ported 67.5 and use a bored out 38a/s- it seems to work great for me.

250R_SV
02-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Im looking for comments, becuse I recently got another R. It was sittind down in a cousins beach house, so I got it and Im putting it on together. I hot it to start but with bad iddle, to my surprise it had 125 and 45 jetts...smaller than the stock ones. So I added a 36mm carb I had with 175/65 jetts, it got better but not as I wanted to. I just tuned it yesturday, I changed the needle and needle holder of the carb (seemed to have the wrong one). Now it feels pretty good with the ported cylinder. I´ll ride it on saturday to see. Then I will start to restore it.