PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Cable Question

blholtz
02-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Can anyone tell me what clutch cable to use on my LTR. I have a ASV clutch lever on the quad with a CR Honda style perch.

The stock cable is to long, the cable itself, not the outer part. Using the perch with the cable barely works but you have to run the adjustments all the way out to just get it to work.

Any help on the right cable would be appreciated. I have heard the a cable from a Z-400 will work, but then again I "heard" that.

joeteamevo
02-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Have you tried removing the cutch arm from the splinned shaft on the motor and turning it clockwise out a single spline or two. That may work for you.

kfx400rider03
02-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by joeteamevo
Have you tried removing the cutch arm from the splinned shaft on the motor and turning it clockwise out a single spline or two. That may work for you.

X2 just put the same cluch lever on my ltr the other day and do exactly what he said

blholtz
02-09-2010, 08:55 AM
I have tried that. 2 problems I found.

1. still seems to have to use a crap load of the adjustment to get it right with not much left over for adjusting the clutch for wear.

2. clutch seemed to me to be harder to pull, might be friction on the end of the cable, not sure.

I am replacing the cable as part of a rebuild for next year and was hoping to find a cable that would work without monkeying without shifting to many of the "quick fixes"

mamafite
02-11-2010, 10:48 PM
ASV has brass barrell spacers for the perch, just call them and they will send you some. Some clutch cables are just longer

kfx400rider03
02-11-2010, 10:52 PM
my asv has the brass spacer and the cable was still too long had to move the arm on the bottme yet:scary:

mamafite
02-11-2010, 11:37 PM
use two spacers they fit into each other, some cables have an adjustment about 8'' away from the perch I believe they are made by motion pro.

kfx400rider03
02-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by mamafite
use two spacers they fit into each other, some cables have an adjustment about 8'' away from the perch I believe they are made by motion pro.

and motion pro is the cable i have lol
what cable would u suggest for my next one? i want one atleast a inch or so shorter:scary:

mamafite
02-12-2010, 09:10 AM
I believe the 09 oem cable is the correct length, bring your cable to the dealer and compare the cable length. When the LTR came out the cables were not all the same. dont know why

kfx400rider03
02-12-2010, 12:07 PM
ha i know they rso stupidly long. i put a kfx/z 400 cable on it and that worked fine might get one of those again too