PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody help me with installing my Pro Armor Pro Series kill switch?

yamaha_maniack
02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Hey guys, i was wondering if anybody had a tutorial or knows where to find a good tutorial on installing the pro armor pro series kill switch onto the new 2009 yfz 450-r 's? i dont know if it is any different from the older yfz's, but still it would be nice to see it done on my same style of model. i already searched, but i cant really find anything that answers my questions and shows me how to do it on the YFZ-R's..

If anybody could give me instructions and/or pics, or just a link to where i might find the answer i am looking for then that would really help!!

Thanks in advance!

yamaha_maniack
02-06-2010, 11:06 AM
so noone can tell me how they installed their pro armor kill switch? i dont think it is that difficult from what i have heard, but i have only read discriptions and never seen any pictures so i dont want to mess anything up..
Thanks!

yamaha_maniack
02-06-2010, 07:58 PM
so nobody is running a kill switch on their 2009 yfz 450R i am guessing then? I really need help getting this on because i will be doing a race soon and it is a requirement.. I am sure the way any kill switch hooks up is the same way that mine will hook up! Help me please!
Thanks in advance!

Dirtblast
02-06-2010, 08:58 PM
sent you a pm

BakerRacing40
02-07-2010, 07:35 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=425612

should help you out

yamaha_maniack
02-07-2010, 10:33 PM
yeah i got it done and it works! grounded the shorter wire that comes out of the metal part on the kill switch, and then hooked the longer wire to an extension wire and connected that wire to the red wire. i had to put extensions on each ends of the red wire because when i put it back together without the extensions it just created more problems and the plug wouldnt reach the other end of the same plug (female end). after seeing a picture on another forum i understood it a whole lot better!
Thanks for the help guys! i might open the wires back up and solder them together or something similar so that they dont shake loose and kill the motor while i am riding or racing and cause a wreck..
Thanks again!
Later