PDA

View Full Version : question for pa riders

ddfetters
01-23-2003, 12:05 PM
i'm looking into riding trails in Pa.....first of all, I know they've changed registration policies the last few years (displaying plates, etc.)......how does this work for out-of-state riders? the DCNR states that you must have a valid registration from another state, but here in NC - we don't have registration.....anyone ever deal with this situation.....and also, you must have insurance on atv's? any help would be appreciated.....

EXtreme-
01-24-2003, 11:40 AM
just got off the phone to make sure....unfortunately, you have to register each machine here in Pa.

look here......

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/atv/registration.htm

RED121572
01-24-2003, 11:46 AM
Im from Ohio and I went riding last year in Pa. Heres what I did....

I was visiting my parents last summer and took my quad. Since Im from out of state, I thought I was exempt from all there new laws......I thought wrong and got busted....no ticket, just warning.

You must have proof of insurance AND a copy of the title. I had to call the bank and have them fax me a copy of the title to me. I then took those two pieces of info down to the local dealer in Pa. I paid like 40 bucks. He then gave me a temp tag and told me that my real tag will be in my mail box in a few weeks. If you do get a faxed copy of the title, make sure you can read it. The dealer is gonna pay close attention to the VIN number.

When riding, you must have that plate on the rear of your quad. AND, you must have proof of insurance ON you.

Oh, the temp plate is good for 90 days. (if i remember right) And the real plate is good for 2 years.

Have fun!

ddfetters
01-24-2003, 12:10 PM
thanks for the info.....i'm going to get on it & contact them directly i suppose.....just wanted to find out some info b4 i talked to anyone up there.....