PDA

View Full Version : Police officers? Vin check?

Sweendogie
02-05-2010, 05:39 PM
i found a nice 2007 ltr i want but its almost to good of a deal....

can anyone tell me how to get a vin check or if anyone can do it for me PM more for the vin id appreciate it...

derekhonda
02-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Typically, I've only had luck doing it in person. I usually have to take it up to the police station and have them check it, or sometimes if you catch em on a slow day they will come to you.

I don't think they do it over the phone.

SRH
02-05-2010, 06:29 PM
we usually just take the numbers straight to them and do it at the station

coryatver
02-05-2010, 06:47 PM
vin check? why do you need that? Just look at the title

CRE Performance
02-05-2010, 06:59 PM
You can do it over the phone in most instances. Reason i know, bought a nice bike one time.....was going to trade it 3 weeks later, called the cops and had them run the vin and it came back stolen. Lost some money, had to take the bike it. Eventually bought it back from the orginal owner.

Sweendogie
02-05-2010, 07:29 PM
i called them the guy didnt even know what to do... ill probably just go to the station tomorrow... if it was bought out of state would it still show up if anything was wrong?... coulld i get it checked at a suzuki dealer?

ricksmx865
02-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Sweendogie
i found a nice 2007 ltr i want but its almost to good of a deal....

can anyone tell me how to get a vin check or if anyone can do it for me PM more for the vin id appreciate it...

PM it to me, ill have my dad run it tomarrow

Sweendogie
02-05-2010, 07:38 PM
awesome man thanks!

CRE Performance
02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Sweendogie
i called them the guy didnt even know what to do... ill probably just go to the station tomorrow... if it was bought out of state would it still show up if anything was wrong?... coulld i get it checked at a suzuki dealer?

Generally, it will be put on a nationwide list. This bike was stolen out of Michigan, it showed up on the list here in GA....at the smallest police department youve ever seen.

derekhonda
02-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by CRE Performance
You can do it over the phone in most instances. Reason i know, bought a nice bike one time.....was going to trade it 3 weeks later, called the cops and had them run the vin and it came back stolen. Lost some money, had to take the bike it. Eventually bought it back from the orginal owner.

Well huh, learn something new everyday. The terre haute police department would not do it over the phone when I bought a quad that had a new frame on it (sent up a red flag for me, wanted to make sure it wasnt stolen). Said they could not do it over the phone because they reposses on site then and there if it is stolen. I kinda thought that was a good policy, good way to get the machines back to their rightful owner, albeit a time waster for me.

chucked
02-06-2010, 08:49 AM
I have a friend that does it. It checks all 50 states.

fasterblaster09
02-06-2010, 09:45 PM
I bought a streetbike from a guy I know that didn't have a title, he said it was bought from a army guys dad and the guy that was in Iraq needed money but couldnt sign obviously so he just got it like that, and I believed it because it had a dept of defense sticker on swingarm. I got a title through justice of the peace, then after I sell it a buddy of mine tells me it was stolen from Mississippi, but when they ran the vin to issue me a title, it wasnt in Louisianas records:confused: (maybe it wasn't stolen, that's why it didn't come up?)

SRH
02-06-2010, 10:25 PM
whenever i run a vin they tell me if it was registered in ny or not..i wonder if it was nationwide....

few years back i got a quad... w/ "extra" frame...anyway this haitian guy and skanky white dude come up from brooklyn swap it for a banshee chassis...i run the numbers comes back fine...ran the numbers on the spare frame...came back fine..about a yr later i needed a frame went out grabbed that one stripped the paint off...noticed they stamped new numbers in slightly offset of the location...it was a very good job...needless to say i took it back for scrap metal..

then about 2 months ago i bought a banshee...about 5 miles from my shop...it was the banshee chassis i traded off to the haitian and skank...but with a motor and somewhat finished off...small world...if i had to guess the haitian and the guy down the road get drugs from each other...

ricksmx865
02-08-2010, 03:56 PM
ygpm :devil: