PDA

View Full Version : Clutch question

Diesel101
02-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Just got my 09' ds450x xc... It's such a great bike so far, literally everything I wanted...

I bought the bike used with a claimed "12 hours" on it.

anyway I didn't notice anything funny till I went to load it in my truck last night (it was delivered to me). When I went up he ramps it would squeek or wince or something and then stall out..
My ramps are 10ft and go to a rack I built that sits on top of my truck bed, none the less, no other quad has done that...

Can anyone help me?

Mr. Big Time
02-05-2010, 10:53 PM
the squeel is normal. I dont know why, but it is normal, however, I have no idea why it is stalling out. Might need to adjust the clutch cable

Diesel101
02-06-2010, 01:39 AM
When I ride the 450 the clutch feels just fine, it doesn't seem like it's to loose or tight... I just can't think of why it would do that...
I saw a post on here about clutch updates, but I don't know if that's for the 08's and 09's or what, and I don't know what pieces to get if it is... All my searches come up empty handed and the dealship in town is the worst place EVER, I'm pretty sure a crack head could get orders better than merced powersprts

LTMFB
02-06-2010, 07:05 AM
pm sent!

Diesel101
02-06-2010, 10:57 AM
thanks for the PM, i checked out that page and put a post up asking if anyone has the official part numbers for the clutch update.

warr72
02-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Some of the 09's need the clutch update, mine does. That's the last thing I gotta do before its race ready. You gotta check your motor vin# to see if it needs the update done to it.

warr72
02-06-2010, 05:41 PM
TNT posted the vin's that were needing the update on here.

draygarcia
02-06-2010, 06:44 PM
its normal no one knows why but all of them do it in less you get the up date and the stalling is it might just have been cold or your just not use to the clutch mine did this to the first few times i had it till i got use to the clutch and how to use the gas to gether and i not a bad rider its just the clutch on these bikes even everyone i ride with that i let ride it for the first time usually stall it at least once just a wierd clutch to get use to thats my opinion

ZX11
02-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Yeah, like the other posts said, the stalling is something else. Regular ramps are challenging into my 3/4 ton due to the bed height. The DS450 is geared tall. I try to not gas too hard, rip up the ramp and thru my cab. But then I am lugging it to keep the speed down. This gives me the accasional stall.

10ft ramps?

Another thing is that it is easy to spin the stock tires on my aluminum ramps. That also keeps me loading with the engine on the edge of stalling.