PDA

View Full Version : what tires is everyone using?

kookennay
02-05-2010, 02:20 PM
i been running kenda knarlys on the back for about 8 months now and they are pretty wore. i ride mostly woods and some mud, whats a good tire or what has everyone had luck wit?

T Wooldridge
02-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Maxxis Razr 2

trx310R#24
02-05-2010, 04:06 PM
ltr stock rims tires you can pick them up for about 300 a set =) got mine for 200.

mfr422
02-05-2010, 04:11 PM
razr2 fronts, holeshot hd rear. best combo i've found for the woods, razr2 rears are good when new,but crappy as they wear. hd's wear well and work really good in the mud.

02-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Man, those Razr2's and Holeshot HD's are a lot of tire. Heavy, too.

kookennay
02-05-2010, 04:33 PM
yeah i looking for something that still going to do good after hey get some wear on them and i dont want anything real heavy.

mfr422
02-05-2010, 04:44 PM
hd's are heavy but they wear like iron! you should have no problem turnin them with a 310!:D Every light tire I have tried wears out really quickly so i keep coming back to the hd's.

FITT#421f
02-05-2010, 05:46 PM
If you are riding woods and mud i would get the GBC mud shark. I have ran them for years and have not had any problems with them

ballzdeep38
02-05-2010, 06:45 PM
I have Razr 2's and they wear like iron. i have had them for almost 3 years and they still have a lot of meat on them. they are pretty heavy though. i just got a set of 450 takeoffs and they feel alot lighter than the razr's. in front i have the standard Razr's. steering is light but with the work ball joints in the stock a arms the front wants to wander sometimes. something like the razr mx fronts (with a wider contact patch) might help a little , at least thats what i was thinking. :rolleyes:

spintly
02-05-2010, 07:29 PM
When I got my R last March, it came with Razor 2's all around. I ran the quad all spring, summer and fall and they have only worn slightly. I run woods primarily and some mud. On muddy trails they seem to hold me where I need to be especially in muddy ruts. I really like these tires, so much so, I'll probably replace them with 2s again. Might go with GBCs though as they are the same tire, but cheaper. They are heavy, but my esr 310 pulls them easily. Good luck with your selection and let us know what your final decision is.

IcutMetl
02-05-2010, 07:41 PM
I vote for the Razr2's. Heavy, yeah...a little on the heavy side. But if you like traction, these tires will give it to you with some to spare. I had Holeshot XCR combo on my 400ex and liked those a lot too, but Razr2's are off the charts.

skyeryder
02-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Razr2 frt 21" and Razr rears 20" once your rear get where you think you need alittle more just groove them, I do it when they are brand new, best rear tire made IMO

revman
02-05-2010, 08:05 PM
i run rzr2's in front and gncc's in the rear and that combo is by far the best one i found so far. just my 2 cents

LONG-ROD
02-05-2010, 08:08 PM
ITP hole shots in the rear. and razor MX up front.. they are a small tire set up for trails.. not a lot of ruts where I ride so I love them..

K-Dub
02-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Holeshot GNCC best tire ever made for a race quad off the track. 6ply but as light or lighter than a 4 ply. Traction out of this world, and Ive tried razorIIs and took them off. GNCCs wear like crazy on hard pack, asphalt, or chip and seal. A but better traction tire and light weight you wont find.

ballzdeep38
02-05-2010, 11:06 PM
how much of a difference can you feel with the weight of a tire? do you feel it in the handling? or is it more of a power robbing feeling when you run a heavier tire?

kookennay
02-06-2010, 05:15 PM
YEAH I GOT RAZR 2 ON THE FRONT NOW AND I SAY I RDIE IN MUD BUT NOT MUCH I DO LOT OF WOODS AND HILL CLIMBING. WERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET THE RAZR OR HOLESHOTS. I USUALLY GET FROM ROCKY MOUNTAIN ATV. AND WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RAZR AND RAZR2?

250rPRIDE
02-06-2010, 05:49 PM
factory honda radials, when i know i wont be hitting a lot of roads because of wear, or rocky trails, they have weak sidewalls. but nothing hooks better in my eyes. but i have a set of holeshots on beadlocks for when i know its gonna get heavy..

IcutMetl
02-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Razr2's are a heavier-weight, heavier-duty tire with "chunkier" knobs and more side bite when compared with the standard Razr. A lot of people seem to think that they have a bit too much side bite in the rear when compared with the standard Razr, so that's why you may read of people who run the 2's up front and the standard razr's out back. I can tell you this; the regular Razr's definitely slide better if that's your bag, but if you like all around agressive traction then it's Razr2 all the way. Any time you have a tire with taller, softer knobs, it's going to provide more rolling resistance and suck some amount of power, but for the most part a heavier tire is more rotating mass which you'll definitely feel a bit of. I noticed the difference going from 400ex Ohtsu's to the Razr2's on my 250r, but I got used to it pretty quick and it turns them over more than fine.

dynofox
02-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by spintly
When I got my R last March, it came with Razor 2's all around. I ran the quad all spring, summer and fall and they have only worn slightly. I run woods primarily and some mud. On muddy trails they seem to hold me where I need to be especially in muddy ruts. I really like these tires, so much so, I'll probably replace them with 2s again. Might go with GBCs though as they are the same tire, but cheaper. They are heavy, but my esr 310 pulls them easily. Good luck with your selection and let us know what your final decision is.

I have Razr 2's up front and a set of the GBC X-Rex (exact same tire as Razr 2) on the rear and really like them for the areas I ride. The GBC cost about half what the Maxxis do and are the same tire (both companies are owned by Cheng Shin).

kookennay
02-08-2010, 01:39 PM
YEAH I GONNA GO WIT REGULAR RAZRS OR HOLESHOT HD. I ALSO MIGHT GET A CHANCE TO GO RIDE SOME DUNES THIS YEAR MAYBE ONCE OR TWICE WHAT IS A GOOD PADDLE TIRE THATS CHEAP? LIKE I SAID THEY MAY ONLY GET USED ONCE OR TWICE.