PDA

View Full Version : Any Mudd Racing Tipis/Tricks?

snacob14
02-05-2010, 08:56 AM
I've got my first race of the season tomorrow and I"m prepping my bike just in case I decide to go. Its been raining steady for the lastd 12 hours, and will up until race time tomorrow. I've got a honda 450r with an open air box lid. I"ve placed more uni foam on top and oiled it, and I have an outerwear I'm going to place over that. Tape the front bumper all up. What else are you guys doing for muddy races. I just rebuilt to motor so I'm not trying to blow the thing up. My main plan if I go is to pick good lines and have fun. We'll see what happens.

HOw bout some mud tips.

Scro
02-05-2010, 10:31 AM
You can ziptie a very coarse air conditioner filter in front of your radiator to help against overheating. Have someone watching hold an extra set of goggles and gloves. A quicker fix for wet gloves is to have someone have a roll of shop towels in the pits. when you come in, wrap a couple around your grips it will dry everything up so you can hold on.

Be patient, and pick your lines wisely. When you do decide on a line, stay fully commited until you come out the other side...or become stuck lol.

Spray WD-40 or silicone spray on the fenders to help the mud slide off and not build up as much.

Get some big handguards, or elephant ears to keep roost off your hands. Mudplugs, if you have beadlocks, will help to keep alot of the weight of mud out of your wheels.

hondariderdylan
02-05-2010, 10:50 AM
the main thing with soupy mud is momentum, keep your speed up. pick the dryest line and pin it, if you second guess and slow down then your going to get stuck. Keep the rpm's up, i like to just pick a gear thats about close to being right and just leave it there. if you feel yourself getting stuck be ready to jump off to the side and push/throttle it out. Its alot easyier than waiting until your completly stuck and you have lost all forward motion.

John Noftsinger
02-05-2010, 10:57 AM
mudlite on rear or equal kind of tire will help when its real muddy holeshoots/razors digin/packup too much for racing though the trails/mudholes.IMO. had realiters/mudsharks/mudmachines all are awesome traction for hitting muddy trails .dont know if in rules you can run that type of tire?