PDA

View Full Version : Motor setup?

jsracing2
02-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Im currently building my motor and wondering which crank/piston setup to go with. I have a ct310 cylinder with the 86 rod and piston at the moment, but wondering how the long rod and spacer plate setup or the long rod and newer style piston would change power?

1promodfan
02-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by jsracing2
Im currently building my motor and wondering which crank/piston setup to go with. I have a ct310 cylinder with the 86 rod and piston at the moment, but wondering how the long rod and spacer plate setup or the long rod and newer style piston would change power?

I'll be real honest, I don't think you're really gonna notice any difference. Some may dis-agree, but thats just my opinion. So say it gives a little more torque, but is it enough to feel??

smokinwrench
02-05-2010, 10:59 PM
When you say newer style piston are you refering that you can run a long rod without a spacer plate? I have been looking on all the websites and never see any difference in pistons, all seem to show 86 style when looking at big bores. I'm running a spacer plate now and would rather not run it.