PDA

View Full Version : keeps fouling plugs

jasonwayne222
02-04-2010, 08:39 PM
I have about 4 hours since the rebuild and it keeps foulin plugs, the plug is black and wet when i pull it, i have a 150 in it and it doesnt seem to help when i go lower on the jets, could i have a coil going weak? also when i ride and i am cruising with barely any throttle it sputters, but when u get on it its fine

I think its my carb jetting, any suggestions? I do have a exhaust leak because one of my header bolts is broke but it doesnt spit fire or pop so i dont think that has to do with the plug but maybe with the sputtering.

jasonwayne222
02-04-2010, 09:13 PM
any ideas? Would running c10 help to not foul the plug

UNBROKEN
02-04-2010, 10:12 PM
did this problem just occur or has it been doin this , u can since it only happends when ure cruising id try and move clip on the needle up 2 notches

jasonwayne222
02-04-2010, 10:24 PM
it did fine the first ride after the rebuild and it started doing it halfway into the second ride and i have 3 rides and 4 hours on it since I moved the clip on the needle one groove up and put in a 40 main and didnt seem to help too much

jasonwayne222
02-06-2010, 12:47 AM
come on guys someones gotta chime in on this.

JOHNDOE83
02-06-2010, 08:05 AM
either you got a bad valve, it would smoke bad if you did. or your jetted to rich.... www.jetsrus.com shows plugs that are to rich and they are black and oily.

JOHNDOE83
02-06-2010, 08:35 AM
i looked at your mods and a dynojet 146 is the same as a keihin 160 size if you still have that jet in there that could be why its rich...but if you have that 150 if its a true keihin jet in there i dont really understand why it would be that rich.... the coil if it went or was going bad wouldnt run really at all and when it did it would sputter intermittenly and not wanna rev out... a bad plug wire will sputter and wanna die also... if anything your exhaust leak would make it run lean...IS there a way your carb could clog up in such a way to make it run to rich??? it is possible i once was racing when suddenly i would bog past half throttle upon inspection i was poring gas out of my vent line, then discovered a piece of grit stuck in the ceet for my float alowing gas to just pore through my carb...but that isnt your problem im guessing...take the carb apart clean it try the stock size jet and see if that solves the black crap on the plug if it does solve it then go bigger on the jets in incriments of 5 till you get it close...if that dont help make sure you got the right plug then when its sputtering try to wiggle the wires and see if you can get it to stop or if it makes it worse...just do a process of elimination till you find it.

jasonwayne222
02-06-2010, 04:32 PM
ya i got some carb dip i used on my rubicon im gonna dip the carb in it over night. and I cant wiggle the wire or anything when it sputters because it only does it when Im in gear moving and barely on the gas. It has plenty of power and runs fine as long as i dont cruise with barely any throttle. Also today i rode for about 20 minutes and it started to blow blue smoke for about 10 seconds pretty bad and then it stopped and didnt do it again. was pretty weird, did it when i was riding and never again. I know im rich cause at idle when i get on the throttle it blows alittle black smoke. Ill figure it out eventually but the guy who bored my cylinder didnt do a good job, its a little egg shaped so im thinkin i might have to go 426 after another 10 hours of ride time. woo hoo money money money

jasonwayne222
02-08-2010, 07:08 PM
bump