PDA

View Full Version : shipping a quad

exrider23
02-04-2010, 06:57 PM
anyone ever ship a quad? a guy wants me to ship a 400ex from ohio to iowa and i was just wondering what all goes into the process, thanks.

7poundegg
02-05-2010, 09:36 AM
First off, if he's buying the quad from you, he should be responsible for setting up the shipping. If not, there are several national shipping companies that will do it. You can Google "motorcycle shipping companies." It should run a couple of hundred dollars, probably a little less since it is only going between Ohio and Iowa.

I've shipped 3 or 4 quads with different companies and they all require a certain amount of preparation before they will load them on the truck. First, all of the fluids need to be drained: gas, oil and coolant. Second, the key is left in the ignition (I use a zip tie or something like that to ensure it doesn't fall out or get knocked out.) Any other accessories, excluding hazardous liquids must be boxed in a closed box. Other than that, make sure you have everything, including the quad, labeled with your contact information (address and phone) and the contact information for the person that is receiving the quad. .....You'll have time to do all of that because it may take several days to get the quad picked up. Lastly, make sure you keep the paperwork, for tracking and as proof you released the quad to the delivery company.

hontrx265r
02-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I've used roadway freight company several times. With very good luck. I can usually ship a complete bike for under 400.00 across the u.s. should be even cheaper for you.

mjc597
02-08-2010, 12:34 PM
you might want to check out uship.com
you can tell people what you have to ship and how much you are willing to pay to have it shipped. i had a full sized john deere tractor shipped from central new york down to arkansas.cost me less than half of what it would to go through a big named carrier. and the site is full of totally legit people who do this kind of thing for a living. they have carrier numbers and the proper id's for carrying all kinds of things.. check it out might be woth your while..

exrider23
02-08-2010, 02:43 PM
appreciate it guys..

matt581yfz450
02-11-2010, 06:44 AM
how much does it cost to ship a quad say 600 miles? just wondering