PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to buy a 2010 YFZ450R SE, need some advice first, though! Thanks.........

Vampire2800
02-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Went to the ATV dealer in Joplin, MO today to look at some tires & pipes. Just as I entered the door, there was a 2010 YFZ450R SE on the left. It had new tires & a pipe that's still attached. After a very detailed conversation with the salesman, that quad would cost me $9,078 out the door. Does that seem a little high to anyone else? If so, there's not much markup in these things, is there? Other than decals, I can't see any difference between the yfz450, yfz450r & yfz450r se. Need a little help with that one, please........ I tend to wreck quite a bit (trying new things) so the aluminum frame should help against damage. I see where the yfz450r & yfz450r se are slightly wider. Are there wheel spacers or something in there or what? By the way, the salesman failed to answer my question on whether or not they come with the manuals & tool kit or not. He also didn't know where the jets & needle are. He wasn't very helpful at all. Thanks in advance for all your help! If ya'll know of anywhere close that I could at least try one before I buy it, that would be great, too. (they don't let you ride anything before you buy it at this particular place, weird!) Thanks again!

yfzrider690
02-03-2010, 11:31 PM
There is quite a bit of difference between the normal yfz and the yfzr. They are totally different bikes. The yfzr is fuel injected so there isn't any jets or a needle. And yes they come with the owners manual and a tool kit. Also the yfzr has long travel suspension and wider a-arms than the yfz. It is 4 inches wider, there not wheel spacers. I think you are gonna have a hard time finding some place that is gonna let you ride it before you buy it, none of the dealers around me do that. If your salesmen didn't know that the yfzr is fuel injected and doesn't have jets or a needle than you need to go to another dealer.

Vampire2800
02-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Sweet, is that too much money or just right?