PDA

View Full Version : Free Open Ride Day On Private TT & MX Track

fastrnrik
02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
We will be having an open ride day for mini quads on Saturday, 2/13. It is open for all mini's from experienced kids on built mini's to kids who are totally new to riding. SMALL dirt bikes are ok too. It's a good way for the kids to get some seat time, ride with other kids, and just have fun. It is free - there is NO cost or fees to ride, but if you are interested in coming, you will need to PM me for details and to make arrangements.

The track is in the Ocala, FL area. I had posted details of the track in a previous thread several weeks ago. Here's a link to the thread with the description and slideshow if ya missed it.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=423430

greenmachine70
02-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Brady, thank you for doing all this hard work for the kids. I think we might be racin bartow that weekend. If it changes, I will let you know. Your track looks awesome!!
Maybe Chad from ECP can bring one of those Pitster Thumpers out there.
Chad, I know your readin this. If you want to put a FXR150 at Dade, I got your pilot. Due to their late release, I had to commit to the 100cc Stock App class for the season. Will be in Blaster next season.
Back to the track in Ocala, that is just too cool that someone is willing to do all this work and make an "invitational" ride for the kids.

coffing918
02-04-2010, 04:52 PM
wish I lived in FL

fastrnrik
02-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Heck, come on down. It's warm here. When it ain't rainin.....LOL

coffing918
02-04-2010, 06:24 PM
I really wish we could , we will be getting 1 1/2 of snow tomorrow

tyler70t
02-04-2010, 06:26 PM
another foot and a half, wish I was in Fla too

nordic quad
02-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by tyler70t
another foot and a half, wish I was in Fla too

We have over 2 feet of snow up here to and weather reports say almost a foot more over the weekend,but at least we will be in Florida on the 23,but we are missing out on the track fun tho.

Stein A

fastrnrik
02-05-2010, 06:37 PM
You're welcome to come by on the 23rd. My boy will be out there LOL

Ride1Rob
02-06-2010, 08:54 PM
That is nice of you Brady! Jam would love your track but I'm not sure Momma would let us keep ripping and running every weekend. Just to keep her happy I may do something with her as the next two weekends after that will be race weekends.

nordic quad
02-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Thanks we will be staying for a few weeks and we hope to atleast watch some miniquad action during our stay this time around.:D

Stein A

fastrnrik
02-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
That is nice of you Brady! Jam would love your track but I'm not sure Momma would let us keep ripping and running every weekend. Just to keep her happy I may do something with her as the next two weekends after that will be race weekends.

Rob, you can bring your boy up any time you want. Just let me know. That race with him and the boy on the Apex last night was AWESOME.

Ride1Rob
02-08-2010, 01:47 AM
LOL Thanx man! Jam has never rode that track before so his performance totally shocked me. He was pretty upset that he spun out on the last lap and gave the 2nd moto away. Hopefully the new tires will keep that from happening the next race. We're spinning all over the place with the Sno Hogs. The kid that took the nasty spill in practice will make the next race a three way battle. He's normally up in the front battling for the lead as well. Hope you keep bringing your boy as he looks good on the bike. There are a few other lil kids that ride 50's as well but they haven't been out so far this year :( . Is he liking Bartow?

fastrnrik
02-08-2010, 04:51 AM
I'm sure he was upset- He had that race won!, but that's racin! It sure was fun to watch lol

I didn't see the crash. I'm glad he was ok. I've seen him race before and he's definately a fast kid.

Yeah, my boy had a blast. That was his first time ever at an MX race, so he was NERVOUS. haha But, he seemed to get more comfortable as the night went on. I wish he would ride out there like he does at home. He rips out here! LOL Hopefully some 50's show up, if not he can just run with the bigger kids for awhile. I'll be taking him to Dade City soon. My buddy has a son that runs a 50 there and he said there's 8 -10 50's at each race. I wanted him to run at a place like Bartow for awhile to get comfortable before taking him over to DC.

See ya out there on the 20th

Ride1Rob
02-08-2010, 08:13 AM
You're doing exactly what I did with Jam last year. Raced at Bartow 1st and once he was comfortable enough took him to DC. What hurts us is we only get to race half the races per year. So he loses alot of seat time because of it. My Supervisors are working with me this year and between Bartow and DC we'll get at least 2 races in every month. But between the two I'll still only be able to make half of them.

We run Modified class at DC and those kids are wayyy more skilled than Jam. Plus the fact that he's shifting doesn't help any. But I really think riding in Modified there has helped him because of his performance the other night. Normally if he gets the holeshot they pass him soon after and check out. He's never held a lead and has been able to hold em off the whole race. Now he sees the method of my madness of letting him race Mod in DC. HE'S STOKED lol.

Your boy is a natural. Of course it's in his blood but he looked to me like he's been racing all along. As for the riding like a champ at home and not so much at the track.... I feel ya on that brother lol. The more comfortable he gets though he'll start rippin' like at home no matter where you take him ;) .

fastrnrik
02-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Yeah, we'll just go slow until he's ready. I like Bartow because the crowd is smaller and it's laid back so he can relax a little bit. Dade City is a lot closer for me, so we may get down there pretty soon. One of my friends son races in the 50 class at DC, and he's constantly wanting me to go with him. I will still take him to Bartow because I want him to be able to ride as many places as possible. Plus, I want to wax Mr. Wayne in the +30 class! LOL I gotta get my ol 250R to stay together first haha

I agree. Riding with faster people makes you faster. Jam is a good rider and has obviously benefited from running the Mod class at DC. He's young, so he's only going to get better. That place is loaded with talent in all the classes.
And you're right, some of those kids are really fast. Lots of talented kids out there in all the mini classes. It's always made me laugh to see the kids race the way they do, then beween moto's they're playing with toys in the dirt or chasing each other around just being kids. LOL.

I'm serious bringing Jam up here any time. My schedule is flexible so let me know. I know the number one thing with a lot of kids is lack of seat time, so our track is open to any kids that want to ride or practice. It gives my son someone to ride with and helps the other kids out. It's a win/win for everyone. Wayne has my number, or you can email me pookiepickle@yahoo.com

Ride1Rob
02-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Will do Brady ;) . I know Steve, dad of kid that wrecked was talking about coming up. We'll see if we can get a few of us to make the trek up and ride. The boys will have a blast.

BTW, Pookiepickle... :huh ??? LOL

greenmachine70
02-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Update, Colby is ok. Has a few sore spots but its all still connected where it should be.
I still have some issues with the quad. I may be able to make it. PM me the info needed and if all checks out we may make it.
I would like to get him a little seat time since the spill. He finished both motos and came awake in lap 3 of moto 2.

I really appreciate everyones assistance. I was soooo far away from the incident. I need to work out, because that 120yd run through soft sand dang near killed me and I am feeling it today let me tell ya.

fastrnrik
02-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Glad he's ok! I always hate to see a kid go down. That was a heckuva spill too.

Yeah pookiepickle! It's da bomb email name, don't ya think? LOL

It's kind of an "inside" joke:D