PDA

View Full Version : How were Quad Wars in MN last weekend?

infantry317
01-23-2003, 06:07 AM
Anyone go there? Two of my buds have raced in it before and said it's a fake race ("lets see lots of passing, you're all getting $50 for showing up...yada, yada). Was it fun? I went up to Staples to do my first MX (last place baby! but no injuries or damage done) :D

PhilMoore
01-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Quadwars sounds like fun.

Staples sounds good!

How did you like it?

Do the exhaust fumes build up in there really bad? I wouldn't mind watching cuz you can kinda hold your breath, but racing man, you are deep huffing those fumes.

How fast is the track? Did you get out of 3rd gear?

How big are the jumps?

I would go watch, but I don't want to waste a 2.5 hour one way trip to just watch. I want to race.

I guess my main concern is the air quality.

Later,
Phil

infantry317
01-23-2003, 12:44 PM
It gets a little thick at some times, but not too bad. All of the jumps were doubles this time (I'm not at that level yet, so I got smoked). My buddy that is the open points leader says he only runs in 2nd gear. It is a small track, but everyone seems to enjoy it. We drove a few hours to get there. I think it's a good way to get out and ride and not be so dang cold. Give it a shot!

PhilMoore
02-02-2003, 06:08 PM
Well, I went to MOTODOME today.

It took about 2 hours to get there.

It was fun, but as usual, I burned all my energy on the practice laps :rolleyes:

For my heat race, I hit the gate, it fell on my bumper, and pretty much locked me there until everybody was beyond the first corner. Finally, I got going. About halfway through the track, two guys tangled and I got around one of them. I thought WOO HOO I won't be dead last. Next lap, he flew past me over a tripple(I'm chicken) I was doing all the jumps except the tripple in practice. But after screwing up the gate, I just took it easy, figuring I would hit the Last Chance Qualifier as hard as I could. I did hit 3rd gear on the long sweeper corner in front of the specators. The rest was second gear. I felt fairly comfortable trying to double through the whoop section, which I have never ever been good at. I wasn't able to go all the way through the whoops doubling them, but most of them went well, and I didn't get off once!:blah

During the first Open heat a guy on a Banshee busted a lower ball joint and went flying sideways into a haybale. Later, I was over talking to him in the pits, and next thing I know, I hear the announcer going "250 quads Last Chance on the line" Well, I am like CRAP. I start pushing my quad up to the start, but I was too late. (They don't want you to run your motor except for a few seconds before the gate drops because it is indoors) I feel really bummed. Mostly because it cost about $100 for the day and I only rode the track twice! :rolleyes:

I was VERY impressed with the whole thing, but obviously, the track is best suited for the little minibikes. I am glad they let quads ride though. The air quality was far and away better than I thought it was going to be. I will probably try it again this winter. We didn't stay for the big bikes, because I find them exceedingly annoying for some reason!:p

infantry317
02-02-2003, 07:04 PM
Glad you liked it Phil! I was supposed to go this weekend, but ran short on dinero since the wife and kids wanted to go along. But I hope to be there again in two weeks. My bud Greg is/was? the open class leader but he didn't feel like going this weekend either. We rode the Crow River instead...very messy and wet.
Maybe I'll see you up there, I'll be the fat boy with stock shocks (i'm workin on it). See ya,
Scott

flyin#5
02-02-2003, 07:39 PM
where is the motodome? and i think wired went to quad wars and was in the pits taking pics that weekend.

Wired
02-02-2003, 09:11 PM
yea i was at the quad wars. just met up with some old friends that were in it. met some new ones as well. i went with cody anderson and he got me and angie in with free pit passes. it was a fun day overall but i knew it was going to suck from the get go. its all set up and its pretty funny how people still cheer during the event. anyone that has half a brain could tell its all setup along with the monster truck racing itself. oh well, its entertainment value that counts :p

kicker696
02-02-2003, 09:40 PM
yeh, where is this motodome, i am very interested in racing it!

infantry317
02-03-2003, 06:47 AM
It's in Staples, MN. Here you go guys.

http://www.motocityraceway.homestead.com/WelcomeToMotoCity.html

Scott

QuadJunkies
03-10-2003, 12:04 AM
wanna hear something cool???? I may be riding in the Quad Wars here in Idaho in two weeks!!!I will find out more details tomorrow..!!:D Can someone tell me or show some pics of Quad wars please? Im going to post a thread when I find out for sure... :cool:

WildCatRacer
03-13-2003, 03:41 PM
go to this link. there are some quad war pics there.
http://www.geocities.com/quadrcr4/Report1

flyin#5
03-13-2003, 03:52 PM
hey flipper, are you mnquadracer on the d23 message boards? anyways welcome to the site! cool site too.. wish i could have gone

QuadJunkies
03-13-2003, 03:56 PM
Change is plans for us.. not doing it.. Oh well...Still looks like fun even though its rigged...:D