PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura RS-3 Comp Series System

Bwetzel55
02-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi just wandering if any of you guys have a Yoshimura RS-3 Comp Series System w/Carbon Muffler on your 400ex and if you like it. Might be getting one. Just wanna know if its worth the money

dobber21
02-03-2010, 09:56 PM
i had the yoshimura RS-3 full system on my 400 but i didnt have the carbon muffler i had the stainless. I like the pipe i had a noticable power gain and it sounded very nice to me not quite as loud as my buddys HMF but i didnt care i wasnt going for loud i thought it was a nice throaty sounding exhaust i wasnt dissapointed with it at all the only thing that went wrong with it was i got rear ended in a race and dented it.

liex21
02-04-2010, 01:55 PM
I have the yosh carbon fiber rs-3 i love it, it sounds nice has good power output its a bit pricey but i love it...it really comes down to personal preference and what your willing to spend. I say go for it though i like it cause not many people have them on their 400

IcutMetl
02-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Back in the day (2002) I had the stainless RS3 with spark arrestor on my 400 and liked it a lot. It had a good sound w/o being too loud, and with proper jetting plus a K&N filter, it really ran well across the entire rpm range. Very well made and quite durable as well. I've had carbon cans on both my streetbikes before, but don't think I would run one on an atv unless I was really really trying to cut weight. Save your money...just my opinion.

For whatever reason, I decided to switch it out for an HMF- I think it was because they were JUST starting to become popular at the time. The fit and finish weren't nearly that of the Yoshimura (very poor, actually) and neither was the power; it had good grunt down low, but fell completely off the map every where else on the ol' butt dyno. From what I gather, they have a better reputation now, but if I ever had another 4-stroke I'd rather run a Maxwell House can.

If I remember correctly the Sparks exhausts were king crap on turd island back then too, but just too much $$$ for me. I say buy the RS3...you'll be pleased.

buster024
02-04-2010, 11:39 PM
I've got an stainless RS-3 as well. I (foolishly so) took the spark arrestor out, and shortly thereafter snapped one of the bolts on the cap off inside the muffler body, and haven't taken the time to torque it out. With the arrestor out it's obnoxious loud. No one likes riding behind me because they get hit it in the face with compression blasts from the pipe.
Soooo....other than my stupidity, the pipe has been a good one, and I would consider it a good investment.

.....that being said, I wish I had purchased a Sparks.