PDA

View Full Version : Saving money

mx8
02-03-2010, 02:03 PM
I know alot of people in debt up to there butt. I try to pay cash as I go. And cut out the stupid bill's like cell phone, big cable bills, things like that. It's not that I can't afford them, It's just that I would rather have the money in my pocket. Just wanted to see if anyone else lives simple or am I the only one left.

rooster300ex
02-03-2010, 02:26 PM
i'm pretty simple. The only bill I really have to pay is my fine. My g/f on the other hand has utility bills, truck payment and the month of december she had to pay a 362 effen dollar cell phone bill because her mom didn't pay for her part of the bill with the money she gave her mom so she ended up payin for hers and her moms. She could save money if she wanted too get her mom's phone off her plan.

blacknblue#2
02-03-2010, 02:27 PM
I dont cut all that stuff out. Thats stuff youll miss. I just cut other stuff out. Like eating out, driving places i dont need to and all that stuff. even if my checking account is showing 4 digits i still tell myself i am broke all the time so that i dont spend the money i have.

muddy400EX
02-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
I dont cut all that stuff out. Thats stuff youll miss. I just cut other stuff out. Like eating out, driving places i dont need to and all that stuff. even if my checking account is showing 4 digits i still tell myself i am broke all the time so that i dont spend the money i have.

so if u have less than 10 grand you say your broke?:eek2:

im lucky to have a few hundred,lol

greenblood01
02-03-2010, 04:02 PM
4 digits would only be a $1000, 10g's would be 5 digits lol.

ricksmx865
02-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2

im kinda the same way.....

here lately ive been trying to stash away any 5's when i get home for the day....

it should add up eventually lol

02-03-2010, 04:53 PM
I try to only buy things with cash I physically have in my hand. I went in debt for a short time and was out in a few weeks so its all good. The only way I usually use my debit card is if I have that much extra laying around lol My friend at 20 years old is $120k in debt.

SRH
02-03-2010, 05:05 PM
everyone is brought up to feel there entitled to the good life whether you can afford it or not so everyone spends money for no good reason

what ppl dont understand is that stuff is a luxury for ppl who thrive on success and its a bonus to there hard work... really the ppl who have it all could care less about that stuff..

who needs at the most more than a basic cellphone and plan?...this texting and all that nonsense is nothing more than a gimmick..if you dont feel like talking to someone enough to call them dont text, its not healthy being accessible 24 /7

you can only manage money to an extent if you dont have a full understanding of things, i mean who doesnt want all the neat gadgets and stuff when there marketing them down your throat... i think if you can save over 20% of your earnings thats considered to be a good savings

some ppl choose to live day to day... week to week...month ot month but yr to yr is much safer

Tommy Warren
02-03-2010, 05:41 PM
your all cheap! If I die with $200,000 worth of debt... I've won

gcart2
02-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
I try to only buy things with cash I physically have in my hand. I went in debt for a short time and was out in a few weeks so its all good. The only way I usually use my debit card is if I have that much extra laying around lol My friend at 20 years old is $120k in debt.

im the same way. i Generally take my paycheck every week, fill up my truck, pull out the ones and fives (so like six or seven bucks) and put the rest in the bank. ill use the few bucks on food and what not. im actually really good at saving money. Frugal from the wound.

brian76708
02-03-2010, 07:20 PM
my check gets direct deposit so i use my debit card to pay for things, which i like. I have found i spend more money if i have it on me "cash form".

atvnut22
02-03-2010, 07:36 PM
i dont have a job, but i sell parts and different stuff on a regular basis. i usually take 5% percent of my earnings and put it in my pocket for things such as dvds, going on dates ,etc. them what i have left of that i put in my "parts" savings for atv parts. then i put the other 95% in savings and have a main goal in what im saving for. this is what i did to buy my 450r, took me about a year, and i even had enough money to buy a axle, bearings, and a set of bars afterwards at the same time. ive recently did the same for a truck. in about 2 1/2 months, i saved enough to put a $1200 down payment and payed my insurance and to get it liscened. got a loan from papaw for the rest, so now my 95% goes to papaw. this has worked for me since i was 10.

01 250exman
02-03-2010, 07:42 PM
I used to save a lot of money when I lived with my parents than I changed jobs and moved out I make 800 a month now and cant save a penny but i am not in debt lol I have 40 dollars until next Friday if I cant afford it I don't by it ;) when I finish school things will be better!

REITER
02-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

NO NO NO.... he who dies with the most toys wins...lol

muddy400EX
02-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by greenblood01
4 digits would only be a $1000, 10g's would be 5 digits lol.

dur,lol. but it said if it shows four digits he says hes broke. so im guessing its gotta be 5 digits to say hes NOT broke. c what i mean bra?

Sjorge450R
02-03-2010, 10:01 PM
I used to be good at only buying what I needed. Now with a debit card, paypal, amazon and ebay, I am buying stuff online all the time. I always have something pending in my statements. I hate it. I have been trying to wien myself off of my card by only using cash that I withdrawl. I spend far less when I have cash than debit. They have researched it and it is true that you spend less when paying with paper over plastic.

slightlybent47
02-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

No you just pass all your debt to your children. Way to go dad.............

slightlybent47
02-03-2010, 10:30 PM
It’s amazing how much we don’t really need and if you stop and think how much money you waste on it.
Like the cell phone I got with some family members and switched to a family plan and dropped the land line and went with just a cell phone. And cut all the frills on the phone, just basic phone.
I watch TV in the dark, turn off things that don’t need to be on; make all my trips at one time to save gas. I try to stay under 60 mph to save gas. Ride the two wheeler for short trips to save gas. In stead of going out to eat we rotate between families and friends and cook diner. Watch more movies at home.
Instead of going out and spending money we visit friends and play cards.
Use the wood stove for heat and cut and split my own wood.
Generally I try to be as efficient as I can with everything.

Worst of all cut down on riding.

muddy400EX
02-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
It’s amazing how much we don’t really need and if you stop and think how much money you waste on it.

very true, like my car. not including the price of the car,ive put like 4 grand into it:ermm: and now i want a truck. what i would do to have them 4 g's right now lol

slightlybent47
02-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
very true, like my car. not including the price of the car,ive put like 4 grand into it:ermm: and now i want a truck. what i would do to have them 4 g's right now lol

Good point: I drive the same 1994 Silverado that I bought new. 230,000 miles and still rollin. Who said Chevy’s aren’t built tuff.

02-04-2010, 01:11 AM
I usually save my money but I've been on a bit of a spending spree lately. :D I'm down to $12,xxx in the savings account from $18,xxx. :p

Tommy Warren
02-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
No you just pass all your debt to your children. Way to go dad.............

It still won't be my problem:D