View Full Version : Mighty Midget no more

Pappy
02-03-2010, 01:08 PM
CJ set out this fall to get himself in much better shape for racing and just to be a healthier person in general. He was able to take weight lifting in school this year and started with that, then added a home routine since Christmas since he got a weight set and such:p

So far, he has went from 175 down to 147 and is now 150-155. He is still having issues with his knee but he has started alot more cardio as of late which will continue as his knee responds from low impact to more aggresive workouts.

His goal by April 1st is to add more definition and have his cardio up to par.

He has been working hard at it, and I hope others who are trying keep at it.

Ryan took a before picture so he can compare it to one that will be taken on April 1st for motivation:p

smr
02-03-2010, 01:11 PM
You would think with all that muscle he could pull his pants up past his underwear.
tell him to pull his pants up. I know I'm old fashion.

Pants on the floor..........:D

Holden started liften weights with the the football team and it really help build him up....good luck and keep us posted.

Mxjunkie
02-03-2010, 04:26 PM
haha I see he's going to be throwing quads across the track now if they are stuck.. :devil:

Pappy
02-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Bahhh, he is only 5'6" so he needs all the help he can get:p

Im waiting till he starts draggin the chicks through the door by their hair:devil:

madskrillz2
02-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Bahhh, he is only 5'6" so he needs all the help he can get:p

Im waiting till he starts draggin the chicks through the door by their hair:devil:

Lmao. How old is he?

Pappy
02-03-2010, 09:52 PM

Im pretty proud of him for doing the workouts. We know the racing will be curtailed this season so there wasnt any real drive to do get in better shape etc. He was able to get weightlifting again for his senior year so he is happy about that. The workout leading to April 1st is the one McGill laid out so he is expecting some good things.

Rich250RRacer
02-03-2010, 09:55 PM

As long as it's by the hair, if you drag them by their feet they fill up with dirt. :D

Pappy
02-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
As long as it's by the hair, if you drag them by their feet they fill up with dirt. :D

LOL...its been a LOONNGG time since I heard that saying..classic:D

MAaudioX10
02-04-2010, 12:45 AM
The nice thing is he's young. Kid is just gonna blow up and, pretty soon, he'll be draggin you by your hair through the door.

Pappy
04-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Got busy and let the first slip past me.....

He now is down to a fit 166 in full riding gear and has proven he can run flat out for 2 hours:p Wish some of it would rub off on me:devil:

chucked
04-08-2010, 07:06 PM
When you say run, do you mean by legs or by quad?

Pappy
04-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Race pace..quad:p

chucked
04-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Gotcha, still pretty good. I'm gettin there...

bens250ex
04-08-2010, 08:58 PM
A good cardio I picked up is spinning I usually do it 2 times a week for an hour straight before weight lifting. Builds my legs up and stamina. But I found it alot better than runing it was more of a challenge. So if you have a speed bike or access to a gym with spinners deff try it out

Pappy
04-08-2010, 09:04 PM
The running is still out. His knee swells up horribly if he jogs

MX MaNiAc 06
04-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Got busy and let the first slip past me.....

He now is down to a fit 166 in full riding gear and has proven he can run flat out for 2 hours:p Wish some of it would rub off on me:devil:

Wow!! I can run race pace for about 15 minutes then start to fade (that's mx, xc is a little different) Hoping to double it if I can drop this stupid smoking habit after this semester.

trx310R#24
04-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Wow!! I can run race pace for about 15 minutes then start to fade (that's mx, xc is a little different) Hoping to double it if I can drop this stupid smoking habit after this semester.

great way to quit just dont buy them =p

tri5ron
04-08-2010, 09:18 PM
being almost 50 years old, not quite fat, (albiet some what softer), out of shape, and gimpy from too many past injuries to list,..
there are still very few 16 year olds that I would consider a threat.
BUT,
in your boys case, tell him if he ever gets mad at me and wants to "jump bad" , I wont even take the chance on getting hurt, or waste my time.
I'll just shoot his azss!!!

He looks like a Grizzly Bear to me, and I don't wrestle with them either !

Lookin ' Good Bud !
and keep up the good work!

won't be long till he's having to beat the girls away with a 2x4.

So tell us something Pappy,...

When are you going to be changin' your name to, GRAND-Pappy ???
:D :D :D

Pappy
04-08-2010, 09:25 PM
hopefully not for a long time:p