PDA

View Full Version : 250EX rev limiter

Eric Robinson
01-23-2003, 12:32 AM
I need a little imput here. I am not that familiar with rev limiters, and I was wondering if you could help me. My wife has a 250EX that I believe is not running correctly. The valves are adjusted, the spark plug is new, and everthing is stock. In neutral if you rev if up and hold it close to wide open, it sounds plugged up. When you get on it to ride and start accelerating, as it revs out in each gear, it starts to fall on its face, until you shift. It starts fine, idles very smoothly, and runs great at low and mid throttle. Once it starts to rev out however it almost starts to cut out and slows down, but you can shift and it is OK. It is the worst in the lower gears and you can barely feel it in the highest gear, but it really doesn't pull that gear. I have tried removing the air box, one bigger pilot jet and main jet, to no avail. Once it is warm if you pull the choke on at all it dies right away or will barely run. Is this the rev limiter or does this bike have an electrical problem or jetting issue? Thank you in advance for your help, I'm going crazy!

Syrus
01-23-2003, 06:49 AM
Its the rev limiter they all do that, just need to know when to shift properly, and you wont even know its there, i wouldnt even think of rev'in it up any more if it wasnt there, it goes high enough with the limiter on it.

born-to-race
01-23-2003, 03:50 PM
Sounds normal to me.