PDA

View Full Version : A-Arm Designs

Shawthy33
02-03-2010, 07:42 AM
I figured I'd throw up a few questions in here to see if the people who actually build these things could answer them.

My question is really about design, it seems that the burgard A-arms are some of the most simple designs in the industry, and honestly sometimes simple is better. Not questioning the R&D, I'm sure that is not simple at all, the end result is awesome.

However, looking at some of the other companies in the market, and the more top of the line Arms around, it seems that adding some gussets at the ends of the shock mount bar to the 'sport' level a-arms would be minimal cost and offer not only a better product but a better product appeal as well. Most Sport level arms dont' have this, but it seems like a low cost upgrade.

I guess my business argument is that at a spot in the market where price seems to be a large factor (recreational rider), the difference between $450-500 would be minimal, the product appeal would increase significantly when consumers discuss the strength and durability of the arms, and at $475ish you're still a value purchase, more than most out there.

The increase in cost would be minimal steel, and some additional welding time, powder coating shouldn't change, all other costs stay the same.

I'm not at all trying to question the current product, because many people love it, just wondering if its been discussed about improving on it for a small incremental cost.

Pic for example

Shawthy33
02-09-2010, 01:31 PM
?

Shawthy33
02-16-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm still curious, just wondering your thoughts, again, I know you make a quality product currently.